Job TitleAdjunct Instructor - Spanish
Position StatusPart Time
Grant Funding SourceN/A
Pay RateCommensurate with education.
DepartmentDT Assoc VC Academic Affairs
Reporting to the campus department instructional leader, adjunct instructors provide assistance to students in their learning process by utilizing all appropriate college resources, materials, facilities, and educational technologies available to complement the teaching and learning process providing a direct impact to student success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Accepts and teaches classes based on varied schedules and modalities as assigned by designated supervisor
• Accommodates diverse student needs and external stakeholders’ expectations of the College
• Demonstrates a sensitivity toward and respect for the myriad diversities represented in the student population, colleagues, and service area
• Prepares and delivers instruction to students following the College Master Syllabus using the approved learning management system
• Communicates regularly with students and college officials, including responding to e-mails, calls, and requests for meetings
• Independently pursues activities to enhance subject matter expertise, skills in various modes of instruction, and knowledge of learning
• Prepares assignments and assessments to assure achievement of learning outcomes
• Designs and maintains an active classroom environment conducive to student learning and success
• Maintains student attendance records weekly and certifies student enrollments by the established deadline
• Evaluates student performance and learning in accordance with discipline and department standards
• Provides regular and timely evaluation feedback to students, posts grades in the learning management system weekly, and submits final grades by the established deadline
• Assigns grades consistent with course requirements
• Assists in College’s commitment to assessing student learning outcomes and program learning outcomes and to achieving institutional performance measures
• Accepts assignments as necessary at other sites such as for dual credit courses
• Supports the College’s 3 Goals and 8 Principles
• Complete all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Support the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Attends the workplace regularly and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Adheres to College policies and procedures
• Adheres to applicable safety procedures
Performs other related tasks as required.
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the diverse types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Master’s degree or higher* in Spanish; or Master’s degree or higher* with 18 graduate hours in Spanish
*Degree must be from a regionally accredited college or university
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Teaching experience
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment and a setting that is diverse
• Ability to think critically to effectively solve and communicate problems in a fast-paced environment where the demands for work are varied, and unpredictable in scope and volume
• Ability to use computer applications and enterprise systems, including proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
• Skilled in excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with diverse populations
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This is a ‘Pooled’ posting utilized to hire instructors for face-to-face opportunities at our campuses.
Hiring supervisors review applications and make hiring decisions as part-time faculty assignments become available.
Your application on this posting may remain active for up to one year.
Note: For those with international transcripts, please upload your transcript evaluation.
If you are interested in online opportunities, please visit our site and search “online.” Please note, online opportunities are only posted as needs arise.
ContactTalent Acquisition Team