Position Summary & Essential Duties
The following duties, responsibilities, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's), and physical requirements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. The information listed below is not intended to be construed as a complete listing of all duties, responsibilities, KSA's, and physical requirements required of this position since changes to the position may occur at any time or additional requirements that may be added over the course of time.
Under general supervision from the Division Director, Physical Plant and direct supervision from the Coordinator, Custodial Services the incumbent will perform a variety of custodial and cleaning tasks. May work independently or with a group dependent upon duty, time, and seasonal load.
Qualifications (Required and Preferred)
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL AND WORK REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
Less than High School Diploma/High School Equivalency and one (1) year directly related full-time work experience Part-time work experience will be pro-rated. The total pro-rated amount must equal the minimum number of years listed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent will:
- Monitor entrances and exits.
- May open facility before classes begin and may close facility after classes end.
- Turn lights on and off.
- Adjust air conditioning/heating levels in classrooms and building.
- Perform daily maintenance.
- Sweep, dust, mop, strip, and buff floor. Vacuum and shampoo carpet.
- Move furniture as necessary.
- Clean rest rooms and restocks paper and soap supplies.
- Empty trash receptacles throughout building and bags trash for proper disposal.
- Dust and clean areas as needed.
- Clean windows as necessary.
- Clean classroom and commons area as needed.
- Ensure that the stairway/stairwell area is clean and free of debris.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Notify supervisor regarding the need for repairs or additions to lighting, heating and ventilating equipment.
- Transport small equipment, tools, mail, and messages between departments.
- Set up tables and chairs as necessary.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
SOCIAL CONSTRUCTS REQUIRED OF POSITION:
- Display empathy and positive regard for others in written, verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Work with colleagues and students by practicing punctuality, respect for deadlines, collaborative problem solving, and honest communication.
- Be friendly and collegial with co-workers, faculty, students, staff, and visitors to the campus.
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility, even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions.
- Maintain proficiency as needed and approved by attending trainings, reading job-related materials, and meeting with others in area of responsibility.
- Dress appropriately for a workplace with frequent customer service interaction and community outreach.
- Meet all required standards of confidentiality. Keep work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities & Physical Demands
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of custodial practices, machinery, and related equipment.
- Knowledge of FERPA policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Organization skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Communication skills, which include oral, written, analytical and technical skills to express information to others effectively.
- Ability to read, write, and understand verbal and written instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to maintain records.
- Ability to operate vacuums and other cleaning equipment.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to use power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to manage time by organizing, planning, prioritizing, and completing required work duties.
Moderate to heavy physical activity that may include lifting, pushing, pulling of objects up to 50 pounds and objects up to 100 pounds with accommodation.
Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, chemicals or chemical combinations, wet/humid environment, dirt, close proximity to moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
To be determined by Division Director, Physical Plant or the Coordinator, Custodial Services
HOURS PER WEEK:
Division Director, Physical Plant or the Coordinator, Custodial Services