Offering more than 100 certificate, associate and bachelor’s degree programs, Daytona State College (DSC) has responded to the education and workforce training needs in our region for more than 60 years. The college enrolls nearly 25,000 students annually at its seven instructional sites, with graduates serving in critical fields including health care, emergency services, business, education, hospitality, engineering, technology and more.
DSC is consistently ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs. The online Nursing and Engineering Technology degrees are ranked as the No. 1 most affordable programs of their kind, Study.com lists DSC as one of Florida’s Top Online Colleges and Schools, covering all accredited universities and colleges in the state, and our Elementary Education Teacher Prep Program was recently ranked among the best in the country by the National Council on Teacher Quality. Additionally, the U.S. Department of Education’s College Affordability and Transparency Center has ranked DSC among the top 50 most affordable public four-year institutions in the country, with tuition that is less than half the national average. And for three years in a row, U.S. News & World Report has ranked DSC among its Top Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans. DSC is a student-centered institution committed to open access, excellence in teaching and learning, and, foremost, student success. The College offers a full range of social and cultural activities that include our internationally recognized Southeast Museum of Photography, a state-of-the-art fitness and aquatic facility, an athletic program with 10 varsity sports, and a performing arts center that hosts theatrical, musical and dance productions throughout the year. Admission to most of these events is free for DSC employees.
We currently have an opportunity to join our team of talented and diverse Faculty and Staff as a Custodian.
Required Qualifications: A high school diploma or GED is required. A minimum of six months recent and verifiable building cleaning/custodial experience is required. Candidate may be required to work at college campuses other than the campus assigned on an as needed basis. Flexible work shifts are in place and candidate must be able to work first shift, second shift and/or weekends. Candidate must also be able to lift up to 50 lbs. A valid Florida Driver’s License is required to drive College vehicles when necessary. Candidate must have their own transportation to report to other college campuses as assigned.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with an hourly rate of $11.06 with an approximate annual amount of $23,000.
Working Hours: Normal working hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Note: This is a re-advertisement. Candidates who have previously applied are still under consideration and need not reapply.
Posted Date: 10/28/2021 Closing Date: 11/5/2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Rewards package, features:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days.
- Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Free wellness membership at our Lemerand Center
- Education Reimbursement and Professional development opportunities
- Cleans/sanitizes glass, chrome and exits on all college facilities as designated, including but not limited to classrooms, labs, offices, theatres, lecture rooms, conference rooms, gymnasium, amphitheaters, etc.
- Damps and wets mop vinyl and tile floors. Vacuums floors and carpets. Performs floor maintenance such as vacuuming, shampooing, stripping and waxing, buffing, etc., in assigned areas as directed.
- Picks up and removes all trash from assigned areas in classrooms, labs, offices, restrooms and theatres, etc. (or other areas as directed). Cleans all chalkboards, blackboards, whiteboards, and erasers on a daily basis. Turns off all lights and secures doors.
- Performs high and low dusting of furniture, desks, chairs, window sills, doors, railings, etc.(or other items as directed).
- Cleans/sanitizes and germicides all restrooms, drinking fountains and telephones.
- Cleans/sanitizes, maintains and safeguards all equipment. Keeps janitorial closets clean, neat and organized.
- Drives college vehicles when necessary to retrieve/ return supplies, equipment, tools, etc.
- Attends staff safety (OSHA) meetings to exchange information. Attends professional seminars and/or conferences to improve professional skills. Reports any maintenance or safety hazard in assigned buildings to Lead Custodians.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: This position requires walking, standing, stooping, stretching, pushing, pulling, reaching and lifting all of the time, exerting between 20 and 50 pounds of force on a recurring basis. Candidate must be able to follow oral and/or written communications. This position will experience exposure to indoor and outdoor temperatures. Candidate should also have computer knowledge to be able to clock in/out and view other personnel related information (i.e. paycheck, W-2, etc.).
For consideration, applicants must submit an online application at www.DaytonaState.edu/hr. Applicants may also upload his/her cover letter, resume and transcripts of all degrees and coursework. Application must include the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references. If formal education occurred at an international institution, a copy of the degree evaluation must be uploaded and submitted with the online application. Candidates will not be considered if copies of transcripts (and / or third party evaluations) are not furnished by the position closing date. Any candidate hired must supply official transcripts within 30 days of employment.
Criminal background checks are required.
For more information, please contact us at 386.506.4505 or visit our website at http://www.DaytonaState.edu.
Reasonable accommodations are available to applicants with disabilities during the application and interview process. To request accommodations, contact 386.506.4505.
Daytona State College prohibits discrimination and assures equal opportunity in employment and education services to all individuals without regard to age, ancestry, belief, color, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, and veteran status. For more details, read our policy at this site http://www.daytonastate.edu/hr/equalaccess.html or contact Lonnie Thompson, Director of Equity, Inclusion and Title IX at 386-506-3973 or 1200 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach.