At Rider University, every gift furthers Rider’s impact especially towards our commitment to our students as well as our diversity inclusive and excellence plan. Whether it is fundraising for the Dr. Eugene Marsh Center for Veterans and Military who is one of our diverse alums OR the expansion of our Science & Technology Center OR meeting our strategic initiatives for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, the selfless generosity of our alumni, parents, and friends makes a profound difference. We are looking for a team member to help us continue this great work.
The Associate Director of Major Gifts is an important member of the frontline fundraising team and is responsible for soliciting major gifts and developing long-term fundraising goals for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. This position is also part of the team that will help meet the financial goals of Rider’s comprehensive campaign.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated development experience (three years preferred) or demonstrated sales success
- Experience developing relationships with key alumni, donors, and donor prospects or clients who have the potential to give major gifts to the university
- Knowledge of and experience in fundraising for science, technology, and liberal arts preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
- The ability to work independently while functioning as part of the University Advancement team
- A superior ability to work effectively with a wide range of people
- Experience with CRM such as SalesForce or Raisers Edge preferred
- Strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of confidentiality and ethics
- The ability to travel and work evenings and weekends
The Rider University community is composed of faculty, staff and students from a wide range of cultural backgrounds.
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University has been included as one of the nation’s best universities by US News & World Report and remained in the top tier in the Regional Universities – North category. Additionally, The Princeton Review named Rider among its “Best 387 Colleges” in the nation. Both publications have ranked the University favorably in their respective surveys for more than a decade.
To apply for position no. 600063, please visit RiderHires at https://rider.peopleadmin.com/postings/7044
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.