Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Location: Waikiki, Honolulu, HI
Employment Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Waikiki Business Improvement District Association (WBIDA) is a nonprofit corporation dedicated to creating a clean, safe, and vibrant resort destination area reflective of its Hawaiian heritage that is attractive and welcoming to both visitors and residents, and contributes to the economic prosperity of Oahu, and the State of Hawaii. WBIDA operations are funded by assessments on nearly 3,800 commercial property owners in the Waikiki Special District. To learn more about the WBIDA, please visit their website: www.waikikibid.org.
The Operations Manager manages day-to-day operations and services for the Streetscape Maintenance and Hospitality/Safety programs, with particular emphasis on coordinating third-party contracts to ensure a clean, safe, and vibrant resort destination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight, management, technical, and operational leadership to implement Streetscape Maintenance, Hospitality, Safety, and Public Improvement programs.
- Assist with contract management, performance evaluation, and budget administration.
- Work with contractor(s) to develop training programs for all district personnel.
- Regularly inspect the district to assess conditions; track and coordinate repair requests.
- Develop and maintain electronic databases and perform preliminary analysis of data.
- Prepare charts, graphs, tables, and maps; create regular operations reports; develop an annual work plan.
- Continually review and improve all operational policies and procedures; identify best practices and opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with all governmental regulations (i.e., security license, OSHA, Clean Water Act, etc.).
- Develop and nurture relationships and serve as district service liaison with property owners, businesses, government officials, and other community members.
No direct supervision of staff is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the Operations Manager is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The Operations Manager will split time between a traditional administrative office setting and field operations, with exposure to the natural environment and varying weather conditions.
Regular full-time with occasional evenings and weekends. Flexible schedule options are available.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience in operations, project management, custodial, landscape, safety/security, or related industry.
- Experience in procurement and contract oversight.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to staff, contractors, property owners, business, and the general public.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, and/or databases platforms; ability to identify and assess various technology platforms to support operations.
- Ability to work with a close attention to detail.
- Ability to build positive working relationships both inside and outside of the organization.
- Ability to create, analyze, and manage budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems in an effective and timely manner.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Competent in gathering and analyzing information.
- Ability to work independently, both in the office and out in the field, with minimal direct oversight.
- Displays willingness to make independent and sound decisions with the upmost level of integrity and accurate judgement.
- Shows readiness to take the lead on new projects or assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Experience working in a business improvement district, downtown management organization, tourism, or related industry.
- Experience and demonstrated skills in carpentry, custodial and facility maintenance, landscape maintenance, and/or security services.
- Experience and knowledge of relevant government regulations (i.e., security license, OSHA, Clean Water Act, etc.) related to the provision of custodial, landscape, hospitality, and safety/security services.
- Proficiency in ArcGIS or similar software.
Salary is $60,000 - $70,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications. Robust benefits package including health insurance, SIMPLE IRA, paid vacation and sick time, and paid parking.
Interested candidates should submit a completed application, resume, and cover letter, both in PDF format with the subject line: Operations Manager Candidate, [YOUR NAME]. We will contact candidates we wish to interview. First interviews may be held via video conference platform.
Deadline to apply is Monday, November 15, 2021, at 5:00 p.m.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The WBIDA is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without discriminating on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender identity or expression), sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, arrest and court record, credit history, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status, veteran/military status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability