Location: Boston, MA Category: Classified Staff Posted On: Wed Oct 20 2021 Job Description:
- Patrols campus buildings and adjacent areas.
- Investigates crimes or other incidents, restraining or arresting suspects when necessary.
- Provides assistance to courts in prosecution of cases performs related work as required to ensure and maintain a secure campus environment.
- Create a safe and welcoming campus to staff, students, faculty and visitors.
- Responds to disturbances and emergencies as need.
- Possession of a Valid MA Class 3 Motor Vehicle Operators license;
- Eligibility for appointment as a Special State Police Officer under MGL 22C Sec. 63;
- Eligibility for Certification by POST Commission
- Have completed or have the ability to complete a MPTC Approved Full-Time Academy;
- Department will arrange for attendance in a MPTC Approved Academy provided all other required qualifications are present (Contractual stipulations apply).
- High School Diploma required;
- Must possess a current License to carry (LTC) from appropriate city or town;
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certified or ability to become certified upon employment;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and attention to details are essential;
- Ability to pass extensive background investigation, CORI and SORI check that is conducted;
- Applicant must undergo and successfully pass a police entry level physical and psychological exam;
- Ability to work in partnership with a diverse faculty, staff and student population;
- One year of full-time law-enforcement or related experience in campus environment preferred;
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Complete MPTC Approved Full-Time Academy preferred.
Salary: $1,799.64 biweekly.
Closing Date: November 4, 2021
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/k5ZmkmHgRjOrumRac44Qm