Rock the Vote seeks a Senior Director of Partnerships. This position is part of the program team and reports to the VP of Programs. The position location is flexible, and will be remote during the pandemic.
The Senior Director of Partnerships will be responsible for overseeing all partnerships at Rock the Vote, including: corporate, sports, nonprofit, and institutions aimed at maximizing Rock the Vote’s impact and sustainability. The Senior Director will be responsible for overall strategy and management of the directors and managers who lead each partnership vertical, building upon a menu of partnership opportunities; producing marketing materials and events; recruiting and onboarding new partners; managing and executing deliverables; and identifying creative ways to maximize sustainability and program growth to further Rock the Vote’s strategic goals.
The Senior Director of Partnerships will play a key role as a member of the programs team in strategic brainstorming and advising as Rock the Vote continues to enhance its high-quality programming, prioritizes sustainability, and maximizes reach and impact among strategic audiences.
Candidates must be eager to work in a very fast-paced, campaign-like environment and able to balance and prioritize competing priorities. Must be able to periodically work long, irregular hours. This position requires an individual who can serve as a thought leader in the organization and partner to the President.
- Collaborate with and provide high-level strategic advice to VP of Programs on partnership program development, including long-term strategy, growth, targeting, recruitment and opportunities.
- Oversee development and execution of partnership strategy, plans and metrics, including mentoring and developing talent of program staff and consultants responsible for implementation and holding the team accountable to a high standard of performance and presentation.
- Collaborate with team members to innovate and further portfolio offerings, assets and opportunities to strengthen partnerships and maximize impact that will continue to set Rock the Vote apart in the increasingly crowded partnership space.
- Oversee creating and enhancing marketing assets to recruit new partners, articulate opportunities and resources, and demonstrate value add to partners
- Oversee creation of partner agreements (MOUs and contracts) and execution of deliverables collaborating with team members and streamlining internal systems to balance capacity and maximize impact.
- Ensure proactive communications with partners to build and strengthen relationships, coordinate deliverables, maximize opportunities, pivot as needed and evaluate and improve programming on an ongoing basis.
- Oversee the Director of Corporate Partnerships responsible for Rock the Vote’s corporate program, Brands for Democracy, that boasts over 40 companies and aims to build deep, impactful relationships with strategic brands that create a culture that empowers employees and customers to take civic action.
- Oversee the Senior Manager of Sports Partnerships responsible for the Athletes Rock the Vote program that includes partnerships and collaboration with collegiate and professional sports leagues, players associations, teams, athletes and sports organizations that aims to leverage sports culture to drive youth civic action.
- Oversee the Civic and Education Partnerships Manager responsible for developing strategic partnerships with local, state, and national 501c3 and 501c4 nonprofit organizations and educational institutions and representing Rock the Vote in democracy, social justice, and youth organizing coalitions.
- Collaborate with the VP of Programs and VP of Development to leverage partnership programming for fundraising opportunities and to demonstrate impact.
- Facilitate full collaboration between partnerships and with other teams and departments in the organization, proactively identifying and resolving pain points
- Support other Rock the Vote and Rock the Vote Action Fund projects and activities as needed
- 8-10 years of experience in partnerships, social responsibility/impact, marketing, and/or coalition building.
- Previous nonprofit and/or political experience
- Ability to serve as advisor to VP of Programs on all matters related to partnership programs
- Demonstrated ability to build successful long-standing programs and/or partnerships beyond sponsorships
- Proven highly effective written and oral communication skills, with an ability to distill complex information into easy-to-understand messages under pressure.
- Results-focused and highly organized with attention to detail with eye for design
- Experience coaching, mentoring and managing both staff and consultants.
- Ability to communicate strategy and direction to staff and effectively delegate to reach goals and milestones.
- Experience creating and implementing sustainable systems.
- Demonstrated ability to foster and maintain relationships with various stakeholders and different personalities
- Exceptional ability to prioritize opportunities, adapt to changing circumstances, and manage multiple deadlines.
- Proven ability to evaluate and incorporate feedback from multiple sources into decision-making process
- Established project management experience with commitment to working collaboratively, transparently and in partnership with program team and across the organization
- Commitment to working collaboratively and in partnership with organizational leaders.
- Fundraising, communications, marketing or sales experience
- Familiarity with marketing research and analytics
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting salary range is $80,000 – $90,000
- Competitive benefits package covering 100% of employee medical, dental, and vision premiums, 100% of medical premiums for employee dependents, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, employer retirement contributions (Simple IRA), cell phone stipend, professional development opportunities, and generous paid time off, including paid family and medical leave.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and at least 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Director of Partnerships”.
Rock the Vote is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are looking for a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourage women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community, and persons from low-income and working-class backgrounds to apply.