Administrative Assistant I, Middle School Family Engagement (Temporary)
Open Internally or Externally
If faculty, tenure track status
Reports to (title)
Director, Middle School Family Engagement
Special Assistant to the President
$34,329 - $35,000
Job Open Date
Open Until Filled
Priority Review Date
Middle School and Family Engagement is looking for a valuable team player to join our team!
The Administrative Assistant role is an integral part of our team and serves as a member of the leadership team. Primary job responsibilities comprise of:
• Assists with the development of department budgets.
• Assists with note taking during meetings and retreats.
• Schedules, plans, and coordinates the work actions of support staff.
• Maintains budget records, and prepares statements.
• Assists in the hiring and onboarding of Middle School and Family Engagement Advocates.
• Assists in the communication with Middle School and High School partners.
• Assists with the implementation of department and university policies and procedures.
• Provides administrative support to upper-level department management by scheduling appointments, coordinating meetings and conferences, and maintaining and ordering office supplies.
• Assists with department projects and support as needed, including organizing small and large events.
• Assists with event coordination such as programming and workshops.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Work alongside the Director of Middle School Family Engagement to assist in the development of the K-12 and higher education partnerships and assist in the hiring and onboarding of middle school and family engagement advisors. Track department budget, process fiscal and budgetary documents which include departmental requisitions, supply orders, inventories, and other budgetary documents. Prepare budget reports for review.
Maintain calendars, travel records, departmental budgets, and transaction, perform research and analysis functions. Compose business correspondence and documents. Perform auxiliary office supervision. Takes notes during leadership team meetings, advising meetings, staff meeting and retreats.
Responsible for working with vendors and employers to schedule events, workshops, campus visits, and other administrative duties.
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Mastery of a second language widely spoken in Salt Lake City (e.g., Spanish, Vietnamese, Tongan, among others)
• Experience with budgets, tracking, and accounting. • Experience fostering relationships in a team. • Event planning
Graduation from high school or equivalent, plus two years of post-high school training / education. Two years of related, full-time work experience.
Part-time related work experience may be substituted for full-time experience on a pro-rated basis.
Trade off 1:1 in experience/education requirement
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Demonstrated potential ability to perform the essential functions as outlined above.
• Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of excel, word processing, and outlook.
• Ability to keep sensitive information private and keep organized records.
• Ability to articulate why justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion are vital to Middle School and Family Engagement programs and SLCC’s mission.
• Ability to meet deadlines and expectations.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College.
• Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
More information about Salt Lake Community College benefits: https://i.slcc.edu/culture/benefits/index.aspx
Full consideration will be given to applicants who apply on or before the priority review date indicated above.
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.