Position TitleOffice Associate, College Foundation
Internal Position TitleOffice Associate
The Office Associate reports to the Director of Development and works for the College of Lake County Foundation. Primary responsibilities for the College of Lake County Foundation include data entry and information updates, administrative support, office reception, and division event support.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
- High School or Equivalent
- Minimum of two years in a professional office setting performing administrative tasks which includes database and data entry experience.
- Ability to complete data entry tasks with speed and accuracy, along with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated reliability in handling cash, checks, and credit card information.
- Ability to work nights and or weekends as required for events.
- Demonstrated experience in handling and maintaining confidential information.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong customer service and verbal/written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Associate’s degree
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or fund-raising database entry
- Bilingual Spanish
Total Hours per week40 hours
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Hours may vary based on the needs of the college. Weekends, early mornings and nights as necessary. Local and regional travel required on a regular basis.
Software Testing RequiredExcel, MS Word, Outlook
Interview Process RequirementsNone
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Data entry/reporting (40%)
- Performs data entry of donor gift and contact information, alumni membership information and constituent interaction information and data clean up into the constituent databases.
- Runs and distributes donor and scholarship reports as directed.
Student/Customer Services (30%)
- Acts as the primary receptionist for the Foundation department in-person/on campus and virtually via phone and other technology. Provides administrative support for fundraising and advancement activities, receives visitors, answers telephones and directs calls to the appropriate team member.
- Completes and sends prompt and accurate acknowledgment of gifts received as applicable, including annual donor statement mailings.
- Communicates professionally with various entities on behalf of the College of Lake County Foundation in regards to inquiries, donations, and other activities.
Department Operations and Processes (25%)
- Supports registration and related activities at a variety of College of Lake County Foundation special events.
- Provides administrative support behind the scenes before and after the events.
- Assists with registration and other tasks at each function.
- Performs any and all other assigned duties in support of the mission and vision of the College of Lake County and the CLC Foundation.