TITLE: PRESIDENT & CEO
BASIC FUCTIONS: The President and CEO provides vision and leadership for La Casa de Esperanza, Inc. S/He ensures that La Casa de Esperanza’s fiscal, operations, fundraising, marketing, human resource, technology, and programmatic strategies are implemented throughout the Organization. S/He is responsible for the planning, directing, and oversight of operations, supervising administrative and programmatic department heads, ensuring that all are aligned to promote the mission and vision.
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
- Provides vision and direction for Organization under the leadership of the Board of Directors.
- Develops and manages relationships with Board members (Governing, Foundation, La Casa Village I&II, and Leadership Advisory Boards) and stakeholders.
- Advises and recommends to the Board of Directors, on a yearly basis, as to the development of new policies and methods of implementing those policies.
- Attends and reports at regular Board meetings.
- Leads the development of strategies for La Casa’s initiatives, growth and expansion efforts, and long-range planning.
- Responsible for integrating personnel capabilities into coherent departments in order to achieve the mission of the organization.
- Supervise and provide support to all direct reports, performing corresponding performance appraisals and development plans.
- Approves personnel actions, including but not limited to hiring and terminations.
- Responsible for public relations and developing and maintaining effective working relationships with state, county, private sector, local agencies and other organizations.
- Along with financial manager develops yearly operational budgets.
- Oversees the financial status of the Organization, including developing long and short-range financial plans, monitoring the budget, and ensuring sound financial controls are in place.
- Sets financial priorities to ensure the Organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the programs and staff.
- Develops and recommend to the Board of Directors, an organizational structure that ensures sufficient capacity to achieve goals and advance the mission.
- Play a key leadership role in all fundraising activities and relationship building; identifying, cultivating, and soliciting prospective donors, key partners; and promoting a culture of fundraising in the organization.
- Conduct public relations activities.
- Serves as media contact for the agency.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Non-Profit Management, or closely related field of study.
- 10+ years of senior leadership experience in a non-profit organization.
- Proven record of strong management skills including project management and program development.
- Knowledge of the principles of budgeting in a multi-million-dollar non-profit organization.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Experience working with diverse, multicultural populations preferred.
- Proven track record in fundraising.
- Extensive understanding of, and experience with, compliance in highly regulated programs at federal, state, and local levels.
- Ability to establish relationships with clients, staff, donors, and stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders with differing opinions and points of view.
- Keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills, which support and enable sound decision making.
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to travel and work irregular hours.