The Security Officer ensures the safety of the campus community and the security of the facilities in accordance with the regulations of Moberly Area Community College. This a uniformed, unarmed position responsible for all daytime security issues at the Columbia site, including monitoring both people and property for safety concerns, locking/unlocking facilities, arming/disarming alarms, and making ID cards. This is a full-time, 12-month, salaried, non-exempt position. MACC offers excellent benefits including health, life, dental, vision, long and short-term disability, accident, critical illness and other insurance options; sick leave, vacation, retirement plan through the Public Education Employee Retirement System of Missouri; and more.
All candidates must submit a completed online application at our website: https://www.macc.edu/employment/career-opportunities
A cover letter, resume, transcripts, and any other relevant documents should be uploaded with the application. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Experience is preferred. A high school diploma is required; must be able to pass a background check and be willing to take first-aid, CPR/AED, baton, self-defense and pepper spray training.
The Security Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Making regular rounds of the facility to ensure the safety and security of the building and the college community
- Tracking daily activity in a log;
- Communicating daily with Director of Security and Residence Life regarding any issues;
- Taking pictures for photo ID’s and maintaining completed photo ID’s for pickup by students;
- Maintaining Lost and Found items in the Security Office, keeping an accurate log, and disposing of items according to MACC policy;
- Checking hand sanitizing and wipe stations during rounds and reporting any issues;
- Contacting police, fire and/or ambulance as needed for crimes or emergencies;
- Documenting information on the appropriate report form, and forwarding copies to the appropriate deans and directors;
- Reporting maintenance issues to the site director;
- Performing other duties as assigned.