Founded in 1968, IREX is a non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. with a presence in over 100 countries. Dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world, IREX empowers youth, cultivates leaders, strengthens institutions and extends access to quality education and information. With an annual portfolio of $90 million and nearly 500 professional staff worldwide, IREX employs field-tested methods and innovative technologies to develop locally driven solutions in all countries of operation.
IREX seeks a consultant to provide administrative and coordination support for IREX’s New Business Development Unit (NBDU). The NBDU team focuses on new business development and international recruitment for proposals. They work across IREX’s Practices (Education; Communities and Governance; Information and Media; Youth; and Leadership) to produce proposals for U.S. and foreign governments and private donors.
Illustrative tasks may include:
- Conducting desk research and producing summary reports/research products
- Supporting recruitment of staff for proposals and preparing staffing documents
- Drafting, updating, and formatting unit and proposal materials
- Compiling past performance examples and capacity statements
- Drafting contracts, processing invoices, and other budget/financial support as requested
IREX is seeking a consultant available to work 20 or more hours per week (though schedule is flexible). An hourly stipend will be provided. This position is open immediately.
Consultants interested in providing this service must submit a cover letter (including a proposed hourly rate) and resume. Candidates who do not provide these will NOT be considered.
- Well organized, skilled at handling multiple tasks, and able to adhere to deadlines
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and detail-orientated approach
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Speaking, reading, and writing proficiency in English
- U.S. citizenship or proof of a valid U.S. work permit
- Bachelor’s degree (major/minor related to international development preferred)
While not required, the following criteria are preferred:
- Comfort with budgets and facility with Excel
- Knowledge of a foreign language
- Knowledge of U.S. Government program funding
- Demonstrated commitment to the international development field
All proposals will be evaluated and scored by IREX staff based in Washington, D.C. IREX may at its discretion ask for additional information.
This role will be an at-will consultancy. Length of the performance period and weekly hour allocations will be determined with the selected candidate, based on their availability.
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Once again, candidates who do not provide these will be eliminated from consideration.