Job no: 496769About Drexel:
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Engineering
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics. Drexel University - College of Engineering:
Since its founding in the midst of the industrial revolution in 1891, Drexel University has emphasized its strengths in engineering, science and technology to train men and women to become leaders. In little over a century, Drexel University has transformed itself into a large, comprehensive institution committed to excellence in education, research and service to the engineering society and to the broader community. Although much has changed, the original mission of the university still rings true today. To learn more about each of the divisions and programs offered, visit:http://drexel.edu/engineering/ Department of Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics:
MEM has 26 faculty members, 23 of whom are tenured/tenure track. The Department has well-regarded, traditional programs in mechanics, thermal fluid sciences, systems and controls, and manufacturing which are complemented by advanced energy technologies, tissue engineering, biomechanics, bio-inspired robotics, microfluidics, and plasma science. Drexel University has a state-of-the-art computing facility (https://drexel.edu/research/urcf/) that is being updated in 2020 using a National Science Foundation Major Research Instrumentation grant and university capital investment. MEM offers an ABET-accredited B.S. programs in Mechanical Engineering. At the graduate level, the Department offers M.S. and Ph.D. programs in Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics and recently launched an M.S. program in Robotics, and the nation’s first M.S. in Peace Engineering. The Department currently serves a population of approximately 1,100 undergraduate and graduate students. Additional information on MEM can be found at:
https://drexel.edu/engineering/academics/departments/mechanical-engineering/ Job Summary:
Current students and recent graduates and early-career professionals with experience in micro/nano-fabrication at the Quattrone Nanofab Laboratory in the University of Pennsylvania’s Singh Center for Nanotechnology are sought for new externally-funded staff positions in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics at Drexel University. A new multi-university collaborative effort will involve exploration of emergent ferroelectric order and related properties in epitaxial complex oxide thin-film materials and devices. Candidates with BS and/or MS degrees in EE, MSE, mechanical engineering or physics and/or MS in nanotechnology who are interested in working in the area of energy-efficient device research are invited to apply. Applicants should have laboratory experience in device micro/nano-fabrication and related processing and analysis, including process design, photolithography, vacuum thin-film deposition, dry etching and inspection and analysis. Previous training in the Quattrone Nanofab Laboratory is especially welcomed.
This position with the University is supported fully or partially by external funds; therefore, this offer and the continuation of your employment are contingent on receipt of those external funds. Essential Functions:
Candidates will work as part of a multi-group team with collaborators working on first principles-based atomistic simulations and other modeling, thin-film synthesis, and advanced characterization methodologies that will enable the team to predict and realize new and exotic dipolar textures. The team member will work closely with various other graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and research scientists as well as other labs at Drexel and other institutions. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Design and fabrication of metal electrode pattern and architecture through photolithography for energy conversion devices and RF devices.
- Characterizing the electrode patterns via optical and scanning electron microscopy.
- Writing technical reports and SOPs for specific fabrication process.
- Collaborating with other group members through regular group meetings and discussions, mentoring and training other group members in developed processes as needed, and contributing to scientific publications.
- Associate's degree in Engineering with a minimum of one year of experience in microfabrication in a cleanroom environment OR BS or MS degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Hands-on experience in metal electrode patterning through photolithography.
- Knowledge in other device fabrication processes which include thin film deposition, dry etching, etc.
- Knowledge in working principles of semiconductor devices.
- This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
- Please be sure to upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Advertised: Sep 16 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 16 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend