Founded in 1980, the Center for the Collaborative Classroom is a mission-driven, nonprofit organization committed to ensuring that all students have the opportunity to become highly literate critical thinkers who learn from, care for, and respect one another. Our research-based curricula help children appreciate the ideas and opinions of others, learn to agree and disagree respectfully, and think critically about big ideas. Our programs are used in 80,000 classrooms across the country and impact the lives of over 2 million students daily, raising student grades and test scores, while building relationships and bolstering student and teacher engagement.
Internally, our work culture reflects our philosophy in the classrooms by creating a collaborative work environment that values teamwork, collaboration, and respect for all differences that each individual brings to our organization.
Who We Need: Regional Director
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced leader who brings strong sales and team management skills to our organization as well as significant understanding of and experience in the buying and selling cycles of schools and districts. This includes a strong understanding of the needs and complexities of schools and districts within the territory, deep knowledge of K-8 literacy pedagogy and best practices as well as how those practices are actualized in schools and districts The Regional Director supports several full-time territory sales managers who have deep experience selling our programs into schools and districts. This role reports to the Senior Vice President of Dissemination.
Your engagement will make a difference at every level throughout the organization. You will be part of a dynamic relationship-building team focused on:
- Cultivating and managing high-level partnerships with districts/schools/educational leaders and supporting the territory sales team in developing relationships that lead to revenue of $8-10 million annually
- Building a regional strategy that employs knowledge of initiatives, priorities and funding cycles within the territory and supporting the team in actualizing that strategy
- Advocating for our work through conferences (regional, state and national) and social media
- In collaboration with Senior Directors, support the professional learning needs of the team and expand the team as needed
- In collaboration with Marketing and Senior Directors, plan, support and actualize regional campaigns that meet the needs of the territory.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will bring strong collaborative skills to be successful .
- Dedication to instructional equity and an understanding of the historical and current contexts that have led to inequity in schools
- Confidence and experience in networking with high-level decision-makers and effective engagement in strategic conversations about instructional change for students in the territory.
- Strong public presentation skills and an ability to provide insight into educational conversations, both small and large, formal and informal.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and a reliance on data to prioritize, plan and execute strategies in a fast-paced environment.
- A leadership style that is based on listening and learning and approaches management through a coaching stance
- Technically versed in Salesforce (preferred), Google Suite, MS Office, and shared filing systems
- Strong social media presence and facility with Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
- Master’s (required)
- Doctorate (preferred)
- Teaching Credential (preferred)
- Administrative Credential (preferred)
- Lift at least 25 pounds
- Car available
What Else You Should Know
This is a full-time position and salary will be commensurate with experience. The Benefits package includes a rich, comprehensive program that includes: Paid time off (sick, vacation, 10 holidays, disability), Healthcare (medical, dental, vision), disability, life insurance, and 403b retirement plan.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (required) when completing your application.
Center for the Collaborative Classroom is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to racial equity and social justice. We believe that each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and in our work environment and are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through our inclusive programs.