See Position Description
Phenix City, AL
Full Time Staff
9/28/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
NOTE: CHATTAHOOCHEE VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE OBSERVES EASTERN TIME. ALL TIMES SHOWN ARE IN EASTERN TIME.
Under the direction of the Dean of Students and Campus Services, this employee is responsible for the operation and administration of the Department of Information Systems. The employee manages the department as well as provides oversight of all information technology campus wide. The employee provides training and technical assistance to all faculty and staff in the use of computers and technology on campus. The employee retrieves data in support of the reporting function of the college. In addition, the employee maintains electronic mail, testing, application servers and ensures that back-up and cyber initiatives are in place for the campus.
Salary: Appropriate placement on Salary Schedule C1: $81,820- $117,366
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and must submit a complete application packet through the online application system by the deadline date in order to be considered. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is complete. Incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview.
A complete application packet consists of the following:
- Online employment application
- Cover letter
- Current résumé
- One-page personal Statement of Philosophy regarding the mission of the community college
- Copies of college transcripts
Completion of all sections of the online application is required. Application materials, including transcripts, must provide documentation that the applicant meets all minimum qualifications. Degrees, if applicable, must be posted on transcripts.
Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application; however, official transcripts will be required by the College prior to extension of an employment agreement to the successful candidate. Once submitted, all application materials become the property of the College. Requests for copies of application materials, including transcripts, will be denied.
Anticipated Start Date: September 2021 or as negotiated
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Computer Information Systems or related computer field from an accredited four-year college or university with a minimum of three (3) years directly related experience or three (3) years of directly related IT experience in the Alabama Community College System.
Experience with Banner
CCNA or Network + Certification
SQL Data Query, PHP, ASP, and WEB programming experience required
Master's degree in Computer Information Systems or related computer field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Coordinate, direct, and plan all aspects of the Information Systems Department, including oversight of all information technology campus wide.
- Determine information system requirements, project priorities, and system capabilities.
- Develop and implement plans for campus technology infrastructure including hardware and software; develop plans and proper rotations for new computer purchases to ensure campus technology is current.
- Monitor and assess performance of network servers; ensure all are performing at optimum levels. Configure network switches and routers for internal networks, including the student network in the campus computer labs and the employee network.
- Maintain knowledge and work with Microsoft Service technology, Hyper-V virtualization technology, lls, DNS, and DHCP.
- Maintain existing wireless system including, but not limited to: install and configure wireless access points; trouble-shoot wireless issues, and ensure security of student and employee wireless systems is maintained.
- Determine the priority of new equipment and software to be purchased; ensure resources are as evenly distributed as possible.
- Recommend technology policies to faculty, staff, and administration; based on input from stakeholders, approve final computing policies and procedures.
- Work to ensure the campus is maximizing its use of available technologies; develop a system of intra-departmental drives on the server for in-house use only.
- Maintain and upgrade all internet connections, as needed.
- Maintain the College email system and directory sync. Work with Active Directory and Azure. Enterprise integration with SSO in Azure.
- Maintain Office 365 and SSL certificates.
- Maintain IP campus telephone system.
- Offer guidance on the campus technology purchases, including those that support federal programs and coordinate purchases and contracts with vendors.
- Provide expertise on the digitization of student records for efficient storage and retrieval.
- Develop budget for the entire computer technology component of the college; ensure budget is adequate for purchases as well as maintenance; ensure all hardware, software, and other technology expenditures are within the departmental budget.
- Receive requests regarding new products to be purchased; review products and make recommendations regarding the compatibility of products.
- Coordinate, monitor, and evaluate departmental staff activities and performance.
- Assist faculty and staff with technology issues and conduct individual and group training programs regarding technology issues for faculty and staff.
- Ensure computers are in place and in working order for registration and New Student Experience.
- Deploy new network connections, and ensure they are functioning properly.
- Install security updates and virus software updates to ensure the security and integrity of the system; clean viruses from computers as needed.
- Install new computers, printers, technology, and software throughout campus offices and departments.
- Ensure all student and network data is backed up on a regular schedule.
- Supply accurate data upon reasonable request from administration, faculty, and staff; ensure the data is formatted in a way which is compatible with the internal and external reporting requirements.
- Supply enrollment data to the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees each semester.
- Make data accessible to administration via an internal web page.
- Ensure the integrity and availability of internal electronic data.
- Work with Banner workflows, processes and ARGOS.
- Ensure that the College has an appropriate Information Technology Plan that addresses cyber security procedures and other appropriate IT issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All correspondence with applicants regarding this search process will be sent via e-mail.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications indicated on this vacancy announcement and must submit a complete application packet via the online process by the deadline date in order to be considered.
The online application link is found on the employment page of the College's website at www.cv.edu/human-resources/ and at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cvedu.
Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified. Only applications received during the period of this announcement will be considered. NO PHOTOS PLEASE.
The College will not incur the cost of applicants' interview expenses. Applicants desiring reasonable accommodations for the interview are encouraged to request such accommodations when contacted for an interview appointment.
Verification of employment letters will be required after an offer of employment has been made. Employment verification letters should, at a minimum, include the work experience indicated on the application.
The College reserves the right to fill the position within one year of the stated anticipated starting date or not to fill the position due to budgetary or operational considerations. Further, the College reserves the right to fill more than one position in the same job classification should another vacancy occur during the search process.
All male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant selected for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit payment for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. In the event a conviction for a felony or any crime involving moral turpitude is found, the procedures established for the Board of Trustees policy concerning criminal background checks will be followed.
Chattahoochee Valley Community College (CVCC) is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify) which electronically confirms an employee's eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security. Applicants hired by CVCC will be subject to the E-Verify process pursuant to Act No. 2011-535.
CVCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. CVCC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. CVCC reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.