About Northwest Florida State College:
In over 50 years of service, Northwest Florida State College has earned a reputation for educational excellence and community involvement. As part of Florida's public system of 28 state and community colleges, NWF State College offers bachelor's degree programs, associate degrees, and certificates.
If you are disabled and need accommodations in order to participate in the application/selection process, please notify Human Resources before the specified closeout date. All qualified persons will be considered on an equal basis. Any applicant grievance should be addressed to the Human Resources Director. NWF State College prohibits any form of discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, genetic information, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age in programs or activities . Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans for Career Service positions. NWF State College is an Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Institution and a Drug Free Workplace.
- Oversee all brand messaging, design and creative execution through various mediums such as print, television, direct mail, outdoor, radio and digital media platforms.
- Manage all advertising and media placement for division initiatives within a specified budget.
- Provide strategic oversight for creative process and final creative product.
- Plan and implement the College's public relations strategy to maintain and advance the organization's position across the media and with relevant community stakeholders. Compose, research and edit communications materials including press pitches, press releases, policy talking points and white papers.
- Assist the President and Board of Trustees with the development and coordination of various materials and talking points.
- Maintain an active liaison relationship with all area media and represent NWFSC to the media. Coordinate with internal and external media community partners to provide leadership and effectively promote college-wide programs, services, and events. Handle ensuing media inquiries and requests to arrange interviews.
- Ensure a comprehensive digital strategy including website management, search engine optimization, and social media.
- Write, edit, prepare bid specifications, and coordinate the customized distribution of college publications, including but not limited to, feature articles, catalogs, magazines, brochures, and the website. Serve as the Editor, with responsibility for content, layout and design, of the NWFSC President's Perspective newsletter and other NWFSC publications.
- Set and monitor standards for college-wide adherence to the NWFSC Graphics/Publications Standards and Style Guide Policy for non-instructional material. Review all non-instructional publications prepared by the College's in-house graphics department, as well as web content, to ensure responsible promotion of College messages and visual identity.
- Create and maintain a Strategic Communications Master Plan outlining current and comprehensive marketing, communications and recruitment initiatives including a unit plan with measurable goals and a strong commitment toward continuous improvement.
- Establish and manage the Strategic Communications budget in accordance with College policy.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of Outlook television programming.
- Ensure the strategic communications division serves as the College's official photographer and videographer; maintain photo library and photographic archives.
- Plan, coordinate, and support select special events for the College, such as convocation, commencement, and ribbon cuttings.
- Represent the College through internal and external speaking opportunities.
- Participate in sensitive decision-making as part of the Safety Committee and coordinate crisis communication, as designated.
- Supervise Strategic Communications personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in marketing, public relations or related field required.
- Demonstrated successful marketing experience in advancing an organization's mission.
- Experience as Chief Marketing Officer preferred. Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a brand communicator; experience at a fast-paced entity required. (Higher education experience a plus.)
- Demonstrated excellence in professional written and oral communications required. Knowledge of Associate Press (AP) style.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of social media, mass media practices, and advertising markets.
- Demonstrated competency in emotional intelligence and situational awareness.
- Facilitate positive interaction with the College personnel and demonstrate a strong commitment to creating work products that meet the needs of the College.
- Demonstrated "We Can" attitude and demeanor that contributes to the advancement and progress of the College.
- General knowledge of printing processes.
- Ability to take initiative, act independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize. Detail oriented.
- Ability to think around problems and develop creative solutions.
- Ability to travel within the College's two-county district area.
- Assumes duties and responsibilities which require accessibility for College business during non-college operating hours and/or when off campus during regular duty hours.
Classification: Administrative II
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Location: Niceville Campus
FLSA Status: Exempt
Application Deadline: First review of applications will begin October 4, 2021. Position will remain open until filled.
All sections of the application must be completed.
In addition to the application, please submit ALL of the following:
- A cover letter explaining why you consider yourself qualified for this position.
- Electronic copies of unofficial transcripts.
*After submitting your resume, the following page will allow you to upload additional documents. The maximum allowable size for uploading documents is 10 MB. Documents exceeding 10 MB must be scanned at a lower resolution or divided into separate documents to reduce file size.