The Connecticut Democracy Center (CTDC) is seeking an experienced Director of Development to create and manage an integrated fund development program covering grants, sponsorship and philanthropy for a growing, dynamic and multifaceted organization dedicated to inspiring people of all ages to engage in civic live and strengthen their communities.
Are you energized by the prospect of creating a world where everyone feels empowered to participate in their democracy? Do you believe in fostering a culture of fund development where every staff and Board member can be an advocate and a fundraiser? Do you have what it takes to support an expanding brand family and help drive business in an entrepreneurial nonprofit setting? This position may be right for you!
Based in Hartford, The CTDC develops and manages multiplatform civics education initiatives ranging from the Connecticut Network (CT-N), Connecticut’s Old State House, Kid Governor® and Connecticut History Day, and more are on the way. Responsibilities for the Director of Development position include:
- Create and implement an organizational development plan and fundraising systems.
- Work with the CEO to cultivate and maintain a culture of fund development at all levels of the organization.
- Meet prospective donors, sponsors and supporters on a continual basis to cultivate effective relationships.
- Develop, manage and grow corporate sponsorship including prospecting/evaluation and package creation/sales.
- Maintain fundraising database and tracking systems, and supervise timely gift acknowledgement and recognition.
- Manage grant seeking and administration: including research, proposal writing, compliance and reporting.
- Direct annual donor fundraising appeals, including direct mailings and social/peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Work closely with CEO and Board members to finalize/close major gifts or sponsorships.
- Provide staff support to the Development Committee of the CPAN Board of the Directors.
- Create publications and collateral materials to support fundraising activities with Marketing and Social Media manager.
- Perform other related duties as required by the President & CEO.
The ideal candidate will have these minimum qualifications:
- BA degree; M.A. or M.B.A. preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of fundraising experience; previous track record of meeting fundraising goals and securing sponsorships.
- Superior written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Fully PC literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and experience with donor/CRM databases (e.g. Raiser’s Edge, Little Green Light)
- Willingness and ability to travel in-state with some frequency and out-of-state periodically.
- Knowledge of or membership in Association of Fundraising Professionals
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer a dynamic work environment with a great group of people, salary DOE; excellent benefits including 12 paid holidays, a retirement savings plan with company match, a choice of medical plans and free parking. No relocation expenses provided. Want to learn more? Find us on www.ctdemocracycenter.org!