Job ID: 42010
Location: School of Dentistry
The University of Louisville, School of Dentistry seeks nominations and applications for the position of Chair of the Department of Rehabilitative and Reconstructive Dentistry (RARD). The department has pre and postdoctoral training programs in both orthodontics and fixed prosthodontics, predoctoral program in temporomandibular functions and dysfunctions, and oral health research and services (Ryan White (RW) Part F Community Based Dental Partnership Program). The Department Chair directs the teaching mission, the development of research and scholarly activity by residents and faculty and would lead a new and unique initiative for the departmental faculty practice plan. This is a full-time, tenure-track position at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor. The department currently enjoys modern clinical facilities in both divisions and broad alumni support.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide students with the professional knowledge and skills required for competency in all discipline-specific clinical procedures.
- Prepare all undergraduate and graduate students for the competent clinical practice of the specialties of the Department by providing the appropriate didactic instruction, service experience and research component for each of the Divisions encompassed by the Department
- Encourage the use of advanced teaching methods that will promote and foster critical thinking.
- Support interdisciplinary collaborations between the basic and clinical sciences to advance the treatment of patients using evidence-based approaches.
- Nurture all faculty, staff, and students' abilities to produce quality clinical and translational research, while encouraging them to disseminate their work and activities through scholarly publications in professional journals and books and by the presentation of new research at academic meetings
- Encourage faculty and students to seek extramural funding for scholarly and research endeavors.
- Motivate the faculty's participation in health-oriented groups that will improve oral health and quality of life within the community.
- Increase the number of dental providers capable of managing the needs of persons living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) by providing this specific education and clinical training to all dental professionals, which includes dental students, graduate students/residents and dental hygiene students
- Have earned a DDS/DMD degree or equivalent degree
- Successfully completed postgraduate education in a program recognized by the Commission of Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association,
- Eligible for tenure
- Exhibit leadership abilities in, and the willingness to support a balance between, and expand departmental initiatives in, Prosthodontics, Orthodontics, and the Ryan White Program.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a departmental research profile in clinical and/or basic science areas as well as support departmental efforts to compete for extramural funding
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement:
The Department of Rehabilitative and Reconstructive Dentistry is committed to creating equitable and inclusive campus environments that accelerate the success of the full range of our students and employees. We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices, research agendas, and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of the increasingly diverse student populations we admit and hope to serve.
The Department of Rehabilitative and Reconstructive Dentistry encourages candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, will work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and will serve the increasingly diverse students we admit and want to attract.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at email@example.com or 502.852.6258.Faculty/Administrator
To apply for this position, follow the "Online App. Form" link below and then click on the "Apply Now". You must answer all required fields and submit your application by clicking the "Submit" button. Detailed instructions are available at louisville.edu/jobs in the "My Career Tools" section. Vacancies are routinely removed from the jobs portal around 7:00PM on the deadline date. If the posting description requested that you follow up and mail or email other documents, your application will not be considered complete until those have been received by the department.
Only ONE attachment can be uploaded per application. If you wish to include a cover letter or other documents, please combine them as one document with your resume/cv, save the document with a simple short title that contains only letters, spaces, or numbers, and then upload.
Computers are available for application submission at the Human Resources Department located at 1980 Arthur Street - Louisville, Kentucky 40208.
If you require assistance or accommodation with our online application process, you may schedule an appointment at (502) 852-6258 with Employment Services at the Human Resources office located at 1980 Arthur Street, Louisville, KY 40208.