Lincoln Land Community College is currently accepting applications for student workers to assist in the collection of samples for COVID testing at our Taylorville campus.
Student Workers will perform the following duties:
* Check-in individuals for the collection of testing specimen.
* Check appointment QR code or assist in registration setup for walk-in appointments.
* Verify individual’s eligibility to test.
* Verify that individual is properly prepared to provide a saliva sample by asking a series of questions.
* Provide instructions to those in line about how to proceed and how to collect their own saliva sample.
* Provide instructions on where to place samples, helping with line control, and reminding people to stand at a safe distance.
* Scan sample bar code to individual QR code to ensure sample is properly associated to the correct individual.
* Sanitize surfaces regularly.
* Maintain organized workspace to ensure that samples are collected efficiently and accurately.
* Complete mandatory training.
* Transport samples to processing laboratory.
All LLCC Student Workers have the following institutional responsibilities:
* Uphold LLCC’s mission, as well as certain standards of conduct within the College and in dealings with students, staff, faculty and the general public.
* Responsible for compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and other regulations with regard to confidentiality of and access to student and other institutional records.
Student Workers will be paid minimum wage and will be scheduled to work up to 20 hours per week.
Requirements include the following:
* Must maintain satisfactory academic progress
* Must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours) during the semester of employment, with the exception of summer term
* Complete LLCC’s mandatory harassment prevention training within 30 days of employment
* Successful candidates must have a good work ethic, be able to follow and give clear instructions, and be friendly and able to work well with the public.
* Valid Illinois driver’s license.
Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.