Campus Operations, Rose Hill
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
Performs as lead maintenance worker in the cleaning services area and assists management in ensuring that custodial staff provides the highest level of customer service throughout the University complex.
- Leads and directs others per supervisor’s direction.
- Ensures the proper completion of all project work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains inventory of machinery (including serial numbers) in each building.
- Maintains written log of all supplies issued to workers.
- Assists in the training of employees.
- Assists custodial supervisors in coordination of special or periodic work and ensures that all necessary material and equipment/supplies are available before the start of any major project.
- Covers for absent workers and may upon the request of the custodial supervisor assists in the redistributing of the available workforce.
- Reports all irregularities to custodial supervisors.
- Returns all machinery to stock room at the end of each shift.
- Prepares reports of damaged or inoperative building equipment including but not limited to windows, lighting, furniture, plumbing systems and any vandalism, etc.
- Carries a cellular phone to be available during work shift and in case of emergencies at other times.
- Assumes responsibilities for all types of floor and carpet work.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two (2) years prior cleaning experience, or related experience, preferred.
- Skills in leadership and organizational abilities required.
- Must be able to read English and follow written instructions.
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of methods and materials of cleaning.
- Must be able to operate cleaning equipment safely and instruct others on how to operate all equipment used within the department.
- Knowledge of effective and safe usage of all floor machines.
- Knowledge of usage of handheld tools.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
((Internal Applicants with 3 or more years of service)
$1,974.40 Bi-weekly (New Employees)
HOURS: Monday to Friday, 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
SEND LETTER, RESUME, AND APPLICATIONS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories