Job Profile Summary
The purpose of the job is to manage and coordinate all facilities related functions such as building maintenance, custodial services, mail services, event set-ups, contract services, construction / renovation project recommendations, and coordinates landscape project request through the college-wide landscape manager and assigned supervisors.
Additionally, duties include facilities management of satellite locations assigned to each campus.
Provides support to the District Director of Maintenance for college-wide or campus initiatives, projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred.
- Six or more years in business or function field and three years of management experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered for some positions
- Daily - 15%: Manages all campus auxiliary services including building maintenance, landscape/grounds maintenance, mail services, custodial services, and fixed asset inventory. Tours and inspects campus landscape, buildings for maintenance and cleanliness standards.
- Daily - 10%: Manages the contractual agreements for various types of services, e.g., custodial and building maintenance, elevator maintenance, landscape maintenance, HVAC maintenance, extermination services.
- Weekly - 10%: Serves on campus and college-wide committees such as the campus leadership team (CLT), environmental committee, college-wide sustainability committee, provost advisory, RFP selection, and search committees.
- Daily - 5%: Acts as facilitator for scheduling maintenance and construction projects in order to minimize interruption of classroom activity.
- Daily - 5%: Coordinates and organizes various construction and major repair projects/activities with outside contractors and internal trades.
- Daily - 10%: Hires and supervises physical plant employees to include interviewing, recommendations for employment, training, task allocation, evaluation of performance, and performance improvement plans. Coordinates all disciplinary action through Human Resources, monitoring performance progress, coaching supervisory staff.
- Daily - 5%: Initiates and maintains work order and purchase order expenses, operating and maintenance budget, payroll and associated financial records for the assigned cost centers.
- Daily - 5%: Administers oversight supervision of facility needs for four satellite campus locations.
- Other - 10%: Serves as owner's rep in regards to all campus renovation, project work, holiday / spring break project scheduling and construction projects.
- Other - 5%: Supervises the organizational process of all special events held on the college campus.
- Daily - 15%: Implements and carry out procedures to support the Safety and Welfare of students, faculty, and staff.
- Other - 5%: Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Models inclusive excellence through specific actions that support the College's diversity goals in the recruitment, hiring, and retention of talented and diverse faculty and staff
- Extensive functional knowledge and expertise in all aspects of own and related areas of the College, and pertinent interdependencies
- General understanding of the external environment and how it affects academia in general and Broward in particular, including political, legal, environmental, educational, financial and social influences
- Strong knowledge of College structure, policies and practices, and the impact on own area
- Strong supervisory and team building skills
- Ability to partner with others across the College and externally to exchange information, collaborate on projects, share resources, etc.
- Ability to influence others of the benefits/importance of an idea or plan of action and to gain their support or commitment
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to reach mutual points of agreement and benefit among peers and colleagues
Manager, Campus Facilities (Two Vacancies)
Full time Regular
Maintenance and Mechanical Systems
$55,000 - $71,500 Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Monday - Friday
Hours Per Week
Posting End Date
Open Until Filled
To be considered for this position, a completed online employment application form along with a cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript are required. The first review date of applications will take place September 13, 2021.
Designated Essential Personnel
Special Instructions to Applicant:
For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire. An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process and must be attached to the online application. If unable to attach the documentation, please email document to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 954-201-7612, stating clearly the position name(s) and position number(s) the transcript is to be attached to.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline. All required documentation must be received on or before the job posting end date.
**Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the “Resume/CV” section of the application**
Please refer to link with the instructions on how to submit an application with multiple documents. https://www.broward.edu/jobs/_docs/tutorial_external_applicant_broward_college.pdf.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the required background screening process.
Broward College uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 Form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.
Diversity and Inclusion are a priority at Broward College
Broward College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from eligible veterans and spouses of veterans, underrepresented groups, including minorities, women, and persons with disabilities. The College does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other legally protected classification.
For inquiries regarding Title IX and the college’s non-discrimination policies, contact the Executive Director, Talent and Culture at 954-201-7288, Broward College, 6400 NW 6th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Applicants needing a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please contact the Talent and Culture Department at email@example.com.
The intent of this description is to illustrate the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and should not be interpreted of describe all the specific duties and responsibilities that may be required in any particular position. Directly related education/experience beyond the minimum stated may be substituted where appropriate at the discretion of the Appointing Authority. Broward College reserves the right to revise or change job duties, job hours, and responsibilities.