$45,123.53 - $60,239.91 Annually
Alvin Community College - Alvin
Full-time CE (Instructor)
Office of Continuing Education/Workforce Development
This position, in conjunction with the Director of Allied Health Programs of Continuing Education Workforce Development is responsible for the overall program, instruction and course planning, coordination and implementation of all phases of the Certified Nursing Assistant Program.
Your application status will be updated throughout the review process. If your application is still in progress, your application has not been reviewed by the hiring department.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Requires flexible work schedule to meet program needs, which may include working days, evenings and/or weekends.
Requires the provision of official transcripts and/or certifications within (30) days of hire.
Applicants with academic credentials from non-U.S. accredited institutions are required to have their coursework evaluated in terms of U.S. "equivalency." All international credential evaluations must be conducted by one of the companies affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES®) in order to be considered for a faculty position. Applicants bear the responsibility of requesting, paying associated fees, and obtaining an original transcript evaluation for submission to the Office of Human Resources. Please refer to the NACES® website for further information (www.naces.org).
Alvin Community College is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against anyone on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender equity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or veteran's status.
The Instructor/Coordinator Certified Nursing Assistant Program reports to the Director of Health and Medical Programs Department of Continuing Education. The job responsibilities include development, implementation, management and marketing of the Certified Nursing Assistant Program. The Instructor/Coordinator adheres to all Texas Health and Human Services rules and regulations pertaining to Nurse Aide Training Programs and the Nurse Aide rules in the Texas Administrative Code Title 26, Part 1, Chapter 556 for provisions of an accredited program.
The Instructor/Coordinator develops the curriculum including educational materials and management forms; coordinates the clinicals/classes; manages class schedules; orders textbooks; and assists with graduate job placement. Additionally, the Coordinator/Instructor teaches classes and/or supervises instructors of the Certified Nursing Assistant program.
- Develops Certified Nursing Assistant curriculum in compliance with State Regulations and adhere to the Texas Department of Health and Human Services rules and regulations.
- Hire, supervise, and train part-time CNA instructors as needed to meet enrollment needs.
- Create CNA course and clinical schedules.
- Participate in the recruitment of new students and part-time instructors.
- Instruct and supervise a diverse population of students in the classroom at various times and locations.
- Possess a commitment to student engagement, student success, and instructional excellence.
- Support and maintain an inclusive learning environment where diverse perspectives are recognized and respected.
- Strive to achieve and maintain cultural diversity in staff and student populations.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Prepare and utilize a course syllabus and assessments for each course using guidelines established by the institution.
- Maintain current knowledge of effective teaching methodologies and utilizes a variety of instructional delivery methods, classroom media, and educational resources.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of students
- Advise students in academic matters or refers students to appropriate resources.
- Assess students’ performance through a range of measurement activities and keeps them informed of their progress in a timely manner.
- Engage students through posted office hours and electronic communication.
- Utilize technology to facilitate learning and to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with others.
- Track student licensure/certification and gainful employment.
- Establish clinical affiliation agreements.
- Assist in the development, distribution and collection of assessments for courses and program objectives.
- Build positive and professional relationship with students, colleagues, college administration, and the community.
- Submit timely State and college reports and forms to the appropriate divisions and departments.
- Provide recommendations to the CEWD Dean, Director, and appropriate college committees regarding curriculum, instruction and division operations.
- Exhibit a commitment to lifelong learning through participation in professional development activities.
- Adhere to Alvin Community College’s policies and procedures.
- Attend institutional meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The incumbent typically works in a classroom environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of a classroom. Incumbent may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day.
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to twenty (20) pounds.
- Associates Degree or higher in Nursing.
- Have a current Registered Nurse License with the state of Texas.
- A minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience, with at least one (1) year of providing long-term care services in a facility.
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of fundamental patient care skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, as well as intermediate computer skills.
- Experience with diverse patient populations and good ‘team building’ skills.
- Experience teaching adult learners preferred.