The Breast Cancer Research Foundation
Manager, Database Donor Analytics
Location: New York, NY
Industry: Non-Profit Health Organization
Founded by Evelyn H. Lauder in 1993, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) is dedicated to being the end of breast cancer by advancing the world’s most promising research. BCRF is the largest private funder of breast cancer research in the world. We invest in a wide range of research—from prevention to metastasis—because each area of investigation informs another, propelling us toward the solutions we urgently need.
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) is looking for a database professional to join the Development team as its Manager, Database & Donor Analytics. This person will be a key member of the Database & Donors Services unit of the Development team, providing critical support of BCRF’s fundraising efforts.
BCRF’s approach to data management and donor analytics is rooted in providing the highest quality donor experience for our supporters. The Manager, Database & Donor Analytics plays an important role in advancing BCRF’s capacity for donor analytics with an emphasis on major giving by promoting the timely and accurate handling of donor data.
The Manager will be involved in:
- Designing Donor Analysis
- Maintaining the hygiene of Raiser’s Edge, the Foundation’s database
- Assisting with imports and exports to/from the Raiser’s Edge database
- Collaborating on donor analytics and data-driven fundraising strategies
Data Management and Analysis:
Develop analysis to proactively identify prospects for portfolio management
Inform the design of BCRF’s donor analytics; assist in implementing best practices for audience segmentation
Analyze the performance of appeals and campaigns to help drive future fundraising direction and appropriate audience segmentation
Assist in generating strategic queries and mailing lists to improve donor response
Generate donor lists and reports (recurring and ad hoc) for the Development team, executive leadership, the Board, and other stakeholders
Update and maintain a comprehensive Database Policies and Procedures Manual
Data Processing and Tracking:
Assist in portfolio management and appropriate major gifts tracking in Raiser’s Edge in collaboration with the Senior Director, Philanthropy
Participate in offline and online data processing as needed
Identify opportunities for continuous improvements to Development reporting, and assist in implementation as needed
Maintain BCRF’s high standard of database hygiene
In collaboration with the Director, Database Management & Donor Services, handle the ongoing transfer of data between Raiser’s Edge and other databases within the organization
What we are looking for:
- You have:
- 3-5 years of Raiser’s Edge database experience with emphasis on functionality that serves data analysis: queries, lists, export/import, and reporting.
- An understanding of current and emerging trends in fundraising and philanthropy, particularly with respect to individual and major gifts, planned giving, and annual fund fundraising principles
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- An ability to work overtime and on weekends during periods of peak activity
- You may also have:
- Knowledge of best practices for data management and modeling
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data and systems to make work more efficient
- You bring:
- Excitement working with data and thinking about how to leverage data to support decision-making
- Proficiency in advancing project work independently while demonstrating a team spirit and willingness to pitch in as needed during periods of high activity.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, with noted strength in Excel
- Bonus points for:
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge NXT and Omatic products
BCRF offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package for the right candidate.
We are currently working remotely with plans to return to our office in New York, NY when deemed safe to do so.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position.
Limited local travel may be required to participate in the organization’s fundraising events.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We are currently working remotely with plans to return to our office in New York, NY when deemed safe to do so. Our building follows CDC guidelines. For those individuals entering our space, we require proof of vaccination.
- Database administration: 3 years (Required)