Enrollment Assistant (2 Positions)
Rate of Pay
$27,559/Commensurate with experience
Type of Position
If Part-Time, specify hours per week
If Part-Time, specify number of weeks
Admissions and Records
Position Reports To (Title)
Assistant Director, Admissions and Registration
Purpose of Position
The purpose of this position is to provide general clerical and data entry support, while serving students in the Enrollment Center.
Key Measurable Expectations
The following are duties that are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
- Welcome and provide prospective, new, and returning students with admissions, program and course information and make referrals as needed
- Register students by phone, mail, and over the counter
- Process priority registrations
- Provide campus tours as needed
- Make appointments for advisors
- Monitor release of transcript requests for 2+2 Agreements
- Evaluate high school transcripts
- Import ACT/SAT scores into student information system.
- Process out-going transcript requests following guidelines established by federal act (FERPA)
- Process enrollment verification requests
- Assist with mailing bulk enrollment mailings
- Update residency coding for out-of-district students of special programs, maintain appropriate documentation submit reports
- Update addresses and residency for current students as needed
- Process Lewis and Clark ID’s for students, faculty
- Prepare recruitment folders
- Perform other data entry as required
- Substitute at the Community Education Centers when necessary
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
Associate degree in Secretarial/Word Processing/Office Technology preferred; minimum requirement – High School graduate supplemented by office technology/computer course work or equivalent work experience. Six months to a year experience in a student or customer service setting.
- Proficient in computer software applications including Microsoft Word (required); experience with Excel, Lotus Notes and Internet skills desired.
- Possess initiative to deal with unique situations as they develop.
- Positive customer service philosophy
- Flexible approach to a multi-task work environment
Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:30 , Some Evenings , Some Weekends
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Valid Driver’s License Required
Lewis & Clark Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, LCCC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. It is also the policy of the College to prohibit any form of harassment based on an individual’s protected status, such as gender, color, race, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or other protected group status as defined by law. If interested, please contact the Human Resource Department, Erickson Hall – Room 107.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.