Bachelor’s Degree in education, marketing, communication, or related field required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience working in student services preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Gadsden State Community College policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Gadsden State Community College associates degrees and certificate programs.
- Knowledge of current employment trends.
- A commitment to the teaching-learning process of the community college and the open-door
- Assists the Coordinator of Enrollment Services to plan and implement student recruitment,
enrollment, and orientation activities for Gadsden State.
- Assists the Coordinator of Enrollment Services to plan, implement, and supervise pre-enrollment
orientation for new students and assist with the Orientation 101 program as a facilitator or
- Represents the Enrollment Services Division within the service area and conducts public relations
efforts to promote the College and its programs including outreach activities for schools, community
agencies and businesses, high school relations, and adult student recruitment.
- Provides career development guidance and acts as College Career Coach for middle, high school,
and non-traditional students with emphasis on general education and career technical programs at
- Assists the Coordinator of Enrollment Services to develop and implement workshops, seminars and
recruitment activities, and assists with development of marketing strategies.
- Assists the Coordinator of Enrollment Services to collect and analyze data relevant to recruiting,
enrollment and retention outcomes, and evaluate overall program effectiveness.
- Prepares reports, recruitment materials, and formal presentations for Enrollment Services, and
meets all goals/objectives and timelines.
- Serves as academic advisor during pre-college and first semester transition to college, and
coordinates student transition to Academic Advisors and Program Faculty Advisors.
- Implements College recruitment plans, recruitment for the ACE Institute, all Dual Enrollment, and
coordinates with Early Outreach initiatives.
- Schedules, coordinates, and hosts college campus tours and visits for middle and high school
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with secondary school Career Coaches and
school personnel within the service area.
- Complies with all policies of the Alabama Community College System and the College.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Note: The intent of this description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required
of positions given this title and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of any
particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments. Specific job-
related duties assigned by hiring departments shall be consistent with the representative essential functions listed above
and shall not be construed as expanding a particular position’s role, scope, FLSA status, or grade.
PROJECTED STARTING DATE:
September 1, 2021
Salary Schedule C-3 – $35,000 - $45,000
August 12, 2021 – 4:00 P.M.
ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGES WILL BE GIVEN CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT. Complete
package consists of (a) Gadsden State Community College application, (b) letter of interest, (c) current
resume; and (d) copies of transcripts of postsecondary education.
Application materials must provide documentation that the applicant meets all minimum qualifications.
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
GADSDEN STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
P. O. BOX 227
GADSDEN, AL 35902-0227
Applicants must adhere to the College’s prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense.
Application materials are considered privileged and confidential and will be used for employment purposes only.
Gadsden State Community College is an equal opportunity employer.
It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System, including postsecondary institutions
under the control of the Board of Trustees, that no person in Alabama shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, sex,
religion, creed, national origin, age, or other classification protected by Federal or State law, be excluded from participation
in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity or employment.
Gadsden State will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees.
More than one position in the same job classification may be filled from the applicants for this position should
another vacancy occur during the search process.
The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background investigation.