$13.00 to $14.00 per hour depending on experience
STATUS AND SCHEDULE:
Temporary from August 16, 2021, through June 30, 2022; works Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; 40 hours per week; non-benefit eligible
Open Until Filled
Assists custodial services for FVCC’s Kalispell campus
- Cleans and prepares apartments for occupancy in Founder’s Hall
- Cleans and details common areas in Founder’s Hall
- Stocks supplies in custodial closets throughout the campus
- Assists with moving, setting-up or tearing down furniture for events and cleaning purposes
- Cleans restrooms and common areas on campus
- Maintains a safe, clean, and welcoming environment
- Safely uses cleaning chemicals and small tools and equipment
- Assists with large scale outdoor cleaning projects such as window washing, pressure washing of sidewalks, curbing, siding, and asphalt
- Provides quality customer service and positive interactions with staff, faculty, students and public
- Performs other duties as assigned to function as a successful member of Custodial Service Team
- Reports to the Interim Associate Manager, Custodial
- Ability to read, write and follow verbal and written directions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Wiliness to learn cleaning processes and techniques
- Ability to safely work with chemicals, small tools, and small equipment
- Ability to work with small ladders or step stools when needed
- Ability to read and follow directions
- Ability and willingness to serve as a representative for the College by interacting appropriately with the public, students, potential students and College community
- Ability to work within policies and procedures of FVCC.
- Ability to maintain effective and positive professional relationships with staff, students, and public
- Willingness to provide quality customer service
- Skill, dedication, and aptitude for working with students
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain regular and acceptable attendance levels
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to respond in the event of an emergency
- This is a Medium Duty job, according to the Selected Characteristics of Occupations Defined in the Revised Dictionary of Occupational Titles, U.S. Department of Labor and Industry. Medium Duty involves exertion of 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must apply online at www.fvcc.edu/jobs; paper submission of applications or resume materials are not accepted for open positions. FVCC does not retain application materials for future consideration.
Additionally, applicants are required to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application (NOTE: FVCC's applicant tracking system will time-out after 45 minutes of inactivity. Please have your documents ready to upload before you click the Apply button.) :
- A current, comprehensive resume
EMPLOYMENT SPONSORSHIP: FVCC is not able to sponsor individuals seeking employment. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION'S, REFERENCE CHECKS AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS:
Prior to any offers of employment, FVCC conducts thorough employment verifications and reference checks and may contact organizations and individuals not listed on an applicant's application or resume. Additionally, FVCC conducts post-offer criminal background checks.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION:
FVCC is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action organization. It is FVCC's policy that all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, creed, political ideas, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran’s status, service in the uniformed services as defined by state and federal law, physical or mental disability, national origin or ancestry except as authorized by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs, as required by federal and state laws.
FVCC BOARD POLICY:
The FVCC Board Policy Manual is available to review at: https://www.fvcc.edu/about-fvcc/board-of-trustees/fvcc-board-policy
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES:
FVCC provides reasonable accommodations upon request to qualified individuals with disabilities during all phases of employment including the application and selection process. No applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ACT:
Preference applies in hiring and provides a uniform method by which special consideration is given to qualified Veterans. Veterans’ Preference laws do not, however, guarantee Veterans a job, nor do they give Veterans’ preference in internal actions such as promotion, transfer, reassignment, and reinstatement. I understand that applying for a preference is voluntary and that all information related to a preference is confidential and used only during the hiring process; the information will be maintained in a separate confidential file. To claim Veterans' Preference, you must complete the Veterans' Preference Form (form is available at: https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf) and email it along with document(s) that verify your eligibility for employment preference to Jobs@fvcc.edu. Claims for Veterans' preference must be received by Human Resources prior to position closing date.
WINDFALL ELIMINATION PROVISION:
Based on the Windfall Elimination Provision, I understand my employment may not be covered by Social Security. To learn more about the Windfall Elimination Provision click https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10045.pdf.