General Description of Position
Southeast Community College, Adult Education Program is looking for a part-time Basic Skills /ESL/ABE/GED® Preparation Instructor in Hebron to provide classroom instruction with new classes beginning August 2019.
One position for Hebron requires night hours (6 hours/week).
Hourly wage, training and ongoing professional development, as well as classroom and all teaching materials are provided.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Previous experience in ESL instruction.
3. Must have excellent communication skills.
4. A working knowledge of career pathways and employability skills training helpful.
1. Candidate must have a knowledge of Science, Math, Social Studies, Language Arts and computer skills with previous teaching experience preferred.
2. Experience working in Adult Education, ESL or GED Prep.
3. Ideal candidate will possess an enthusiastic and adaptive teaching style and enjoy working with adult learners in a multi-level, open enrollment program.