Coordinator, Student Recruitment
$38,000 - $42,000 annually depending on experience, full-time,12 mos. per year, benefit-eligible
Generous Benefits includes:
- Health/Vision, Dental, Life/ADD & Long-term Disability Insurance: Generous Employer contribution toward the cost of this benefit
- Vacation Leave: Earn up to 15 days per year
- Sick Leave: Earn up to 12 days per year
- Holiday Leave: 12 per year
- Retirement: Participates in MT Teacher's Retirement System; AND Employer match up to 7% for 403(b)
- Tuition Waiver: Employee plus up to two legal dependents
Open until filled; however, the first review of applications received is August 10, 2021
The Student Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment, marketing and orientation of prospective FVCC students, as well as all promotional admissions events. Assists in the development and achievement of goals and objectives of the Enrollment Management Team and Director of Student Services
- Provides all facets of recruitment for traditional, non-traditional and Running Start students
- Develops strategic planning, travel, written and telephone communications, and social media
- Manages customer relationship management (CRM) software, the primary student recruitment communication tool
- Evaluates and improves admissions processes and marketing materials
- Assists in the development of admissions marketing, conducts research of other colleges with shared academic programs
- Assists students in meeting the academic, career development, financial aid, and/or other needs which relate to academic success
- Provides academic advising assistance; refers students to appropriate services
- Works closely with high school counselors, teachers, community agencies, local Job Service counselors, and college faculty and staff to aid with the enrollment process
- Recruits students by attending college/job fairs at schools and businesses and by writing letters of introduction to businesses and community agencies
- Serves as the contact for prospective students, both on and off campus
- Assists in the development and implementation of an admissions communication plan, with admissions information, promoting Student Housing and other campus highlights, for area high school counselors and students; provides input on marketing changes
- Provides recruitment analysis or special reports as needed, and coordinates the development and implementation of a recruitment plan in conjunction with Director of Student Services
- Maintains and updates student contact files
- Organizes faculty presentations and high school visits in coordination with FVCC faculty and the Program Director of Running Start
- Oversees campus visits and manages campus tours and school visits; supervises student employees and trains students and staff to provide campus tours
- Organizes and participates in annual college fairs for high school students
- Reports to the Director of Student Services
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field AND two years of related experience; AND
- Valid Montana driver’s license with insurable driving record
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to provide quality customer service and collaboration by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Demonstrated skill in creating and managing a work climate of collegiality and team work.
- Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational culture.
- Strong skills in problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and multi-task in a setting that is fast-paced and ever-changing.
- Ability to act with diplomacy, tact and respect for customers in all situations.
- Working knowledge, skill, and ability to stay abreast with computer applications, technology and office procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain effective and positive professional relationships.
- Ability to work within policies and procedures of FVCC.
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to intermittently work non-traditional schedules including evenings, weekends, as necessary to meet student and department needs.
- Ability to maintain regular and acceptable attendance levels
- Ability to maintain clean and insurable driving record
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to respond in the event of an emergency
- This is a Medium Duty job, according to the Selected Characteristics of Occupations Defined in the Revised Dictionary of Occupational Titles, U.S. Department of Labor and Industry. Medium Duty involves exertion of 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must apply online at www.fvcc.edu/jobs; paper submission of applications or resume materials are not accepted. FVCC does not retain application materials for future consideration.
Additionally, applicants are required to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application (NOTE: FVCC's applicant tracking system will time-out after 45 minutes of inactivity. Please have your documents ready to upload before you click the Apply button.) :
- Letter of application indicating how you meet the minimum qualifications and detail your work experience as it relates to the position's Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, AND
- A current, comprehensive resume, AND
- Unofficial transcripts for ALL degrees held and required certifications - if more than one transcript, combine and upload as one document. (As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will submit official transcripts for all degrees held to FVCC HR prior to hiring. Only transcripts from accredited institutions will be accepted.)
- Three professional references, with complete contact information, must be provided on the application form. Professional references must be individuals most familiar with applicant's work experience, skills, work behaviors, and supervisory experience. Do not list family and friends for professional references.
EMPLOYMENT SPONSORSHIP: FVCC is not able to sponsor individuals seeking employment. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION'S, REFERENCE CHECKS AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS: Prior to any offers of employment, FVCC conducts thorough employment verifications and reference checks and may contact organizations and individuals not listed on an applicant's application or resume. Additionally, FVCC conducts post-offer criminal background checks.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION: FVCC is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action organization. It is FVCC's policy that all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, creed, political ideas, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran’s status, service in the uniformed services as defined by state and federal law, physical or mental disability, national origin or ancestry except as authorized by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs, as required by federal and state laws.
FVCC BOARD POLICY: The FVCC Board Policy Manual is available to review at: https://www.fvcc.edu/about-fvcc/board-of-trustees/fvcc-board-policy
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: FVCC provides reasonable accommodations upon request to qualified individuals with disabilities during all phases of employment including the application and selection process. No applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ACT: Preference applies in hiring and provides a uniform method by which special consideration is given to qualified Veterans. Veterans’ Preference laws do not, however, guarantee Veterans a job, nor do they give Veterans’ preference in internal actions such as promotion, transfer, reassignment, and reinstatement. I understand that applying for a preference is voluntary and that all information related to a preference is confidential and used only during the hiring process; the information will be maintained in a separate confidential file. To claim Veterans' Preference, you must complete the Veterans' Preference Form (form is available at: https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf) and email it along with document(s) that verify your eligibility for employment preference to Jobs@fvcc.edu. Claims for Veterans' preference must be received by Human Resources prior to position closing date.