The Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation (HBFF) is the largest nonprofit addiction recovery organization in the United States. It is also one of the most mission-driven places you will find. The HBFF team is passionate about providing hope and ultimately healing. As a living, growing and evolving institution, the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is – at our core- a people-powered organization. HBFF is comprised of 1600+ employees, seventeen treatment sites and produces $190 million dollars in annual revenue. This exemplary organization serves nearly 25,000 people annually and is committed to provide hope and healing for those experiencing addiction to alcohol and other drugs.
What makes this organization unique is its total ecosystem approach to prevention, education, research, advocacy and treatment. All of the parts of the organization work together to inform, develop and deliver evidence- based practices that help people reclaim their futures and restore their hope.
Being “a best place to work” is a strategic goal of HBFF and it’s a goal that every employee plays an active role in helping to achieve. Our culture is a reflection of how encouraged and energized we each feel about contributing our ideas and performing to our greatest ability. Join us and do meaningful work.
We deeply value our employees. Working at HBFF includes a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Competitive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
Retirement savings plan with employer match
The Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our colleagues is critical to our success as a force of healing and hope for individuals, families and communities affected by addiction to alcohol and other drugs; and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
As the Student Success Coordinator, you will:
- Work closely with student services staff, faculty, and other members of the Graduate School and Foundation to develop, improve and expand student services.
- Focus effort on student development, persistence, and success.
- Ensure that the daily workflow for general administrative details are completed within prescribed deadlines.
- Coordinate and implement new student orientation activities.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated commitment to student success
- Demonstrated ability to independently handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Experience working effectively as a member of a work team
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written communication, and public speaking skills.
- Experience in student services within a higher education setting
- Experience in work that requires attention to detail and exposure to confidential records
- Demonstrated knowledge of student information systems and online e-Education platforms