TITLE: Director of Community Relations
Department/Division: Media Relations
Reports TO: President
CLASSIFICATION: Professional, Full-Time
Seminole State College, a public community college in Seminole, Oklahoma, solicits applications for a full-time, 12-month Director of Community Relations. The Director of Community Relations reports to the President and is responsible for oversight of Media Relations personnel and activities including photography, videography, website and social media, campus publications, layout and design, and special events.
SEMINOLE STATE COLLEGE MISSION AND VALUES
- All employees will represent Seminole State College in the most positive manner with prospective, former, and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students, and other customers of our services, learns and uses operating practice of Seminole State College.
- All employees will uphold the Mission Statement: Seminole State College empowers people for academic success, personal development, and lifelong learning.
- All employees will perform job duties utilizing SSC’s core values: Compassion, Opportunity, Respect, and Excellence.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles confidential information with tact and discretion
- Supervises Media Relations activities and personnel
- Serve as an institutional liaison by holding membership in the state and local professional and civic organizations
- Attend campus, community, and state-wide meetings and events on behalf of the President and the Institution
- Assist the President in producing written communications to on-campus and off-campus constituencies
- Serve as a college liaison with the Seminole State College Educational Foundation – Help oversee Foundation special projects, personnel, activities, audit, receipt, and handling of funds; Coordinate Executive, Nominating, Audit, and Investment Committee activities; and assist with trustee and donor relations and development of gifts
- Coordinate and assist with the planning of events handled by the President’s Office and the SSC Educational Foundation
- Assist the President’s Office in the handling of student, parent, employee, and community complaints and concerns
- Responsible for assisting with the selection, planning, organization, and implementation of the President’s Leadership Class Program
- Assume other duties as assigned by the President
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Occasional evenings and weekend hours are required.
- Some travel may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge: Master’s degree in public relations, journalism, or related field is required. At least three (3) years of experience working on a college campus is preferred. The successful candidate must possess knowledge of principles and practices of public relations, communications, and journalism. Must have a strong understanding of principles and practices of composing and editing.
- Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills; accurate and detail orientated with ability to prioritize information in a timely manner; strong interpersonal skills; able to work effectively in team situations.
- Abilities: Ability to work under minimal supervision and practice robust organizational and time management techniques; must be able to respond effectively in a variety of situations; able to work well in team situations; ability to multi-task; ability to innovate and lead and manage change in a positive and inclusive manner; ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and schedule work assignments.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Benefits provided by the college include Oklahoma Teachers’ Retirement, group health and dental insurance, long-term disability, and life insurance equivalent to two times the annual contract salary. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a background check.A tax-sheltered annuity wherein the college contributes 3.5% of an employee’s annual salary is available after one year of employment. Employment is subject to successful completion of a background check. The filling of this position is contingent on the budget.
To apply, please send a letter of application, resumé, copies of all academic transcripts, and the name and phone numbers for three professional references to:
Mail: Seminole State College
ATTN: Human Resources
P.O. Box 351
Seminole, OK 74818
SSC is an EEO employer committed to multicultural diversity.
SSC participates in E-verify.
Posted July 26, 2021
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Higher Education: 3 years (Preferred)