You will be responsible for collaborating with JUF’s Israel Education team to craft, implement and review the program and vision for IsraelNow eighth grade Israel experiences. You will serve as a liaison with Jewish communal professionals, community stakeholders, and JUF’s teen department.
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as primary recruiter for IsraelNow Chicago eighth grade Israel experience, work on program and support for pre and post trip events, staff IsraelNow trips at the discretion of supervisor, assist in developing curriculum for trip and partners, assist and participate in program evaluations, and track and work with IsraelNow alumni on post-trip follow-up.
- Expand and support Israel education content and reach.
- Attend all team meetings, interviews, orientations, staff training, etc.
- Assist with staff recruitment and training.
- Engage synagogue and organizational partners.
- Partner with JUF’s teen department.
- Assist with duties for the IsraelNow Education Foundation at the direction of supervisor.
- Other tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Support JUF Campaign and mandatory campaign-related activities on an ongoing basis.
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years’ experience in Israel education or related field
- Bachelor’s degree required, MA/MS preferred
- Israel travel experience, preferably including group travel
- Knowledge of, passion for, and authentic personal connection to relevant issues of Jewish communal life, familiarity with Jewish calendar and lifecycle, passion for Israel and working with teens
- Familiarity with Hebrew a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Salesforce, CampMinder preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, oral and public speaking skills
- A dynamic and outgoing personality with the ability to develop relationships with a variety of age groups
- Self-motivated forward thinker, entrepreneurial spirit
What you’ll love about us:
JUF is one of the largest non-profit social welfare institutions in Illinois. We provide food, refuge, health care, education and emergency assistance to 500,000 Chicagoans of all faiths and millions of Jews around the world.
Time off: 22 days paid time off, 10 sick days, 8 paid federal holidays and up to 13 paid Jewish holidays, and 6 weeks paid parental leave.
Health Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Prepare for your future: 401(k) plan and a 403(b) plan.
Additional Benefits: Additional health and wellness benefits, financial benefits, professional training, tuition reimbursement, and much more.