Minimum Requirements: The individual must have a minimum of five (5) years of successful experience in networking, hardware, software and security. Must be able to demonstrate successful experience in all areas of computer networking technology to include network administration, operating systems, maintenance, planning, security, implementation. Must be proficient in network communication and security. Must be willing to obtain required certification(s). Demonstrated professional demeanor, positive contributions to a team, and desire for continuous improvement. Associate of Applied Science in Networking Technology or directly related field.
Has a Bachelor’s degree or higher in an IT related field. Familiarity with teaching Networking and Security at the college level. Experience working with Distance Learning platforms. Certified in Network+ and Security+.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Continually ensure that all requirements of all partners are met.
- Maintain a professional demeanor with all students, coworkers, and community members.
- Provide excellent classroom and lab instruction in modern computer networking technology practices through positive and inspiring learning experiences for all students using a variety of teaching methods and making every learning situation relevant to career preparation.
- Prepare detailed lesson plans, job sheets, and laboratory demonstrations for all units of instruction.
- Recommend changes in the curriculum to maintain a current program.
- Monitor the progress for each student in the program to include those in internship programs.
- Work as a teammate with other instructors and support staff.
- Update and continually improve your own teaching techniques and computer networking technology skills.
- Adhere to compliance regulations for all professional licensing qualifications.
- Teach the depth and scope of the class materials as outlined in the syllabus and catalog and relate the instructions to careers and employer expectations.
- Prepare and grade examinations based upon course objectives, publish lesson schedule, and return all assignments in a timely manner.
- Implement evaluation for outcomes assessment and achieve established results while maintaining college standards of student satisfaction.
- Work creatively in all classes, encourage students, and maintain satisfactory retention.
- Begin and end each class at the designated times, providing a full period of instruction.
- Accurately maintain attendance records in accordance with the Attendance Policy, submit class roster daily, maintain a separate record of attendance and grades that is clearly labeled and turned in at the end of the term.
- Accurately maintain all reports required by NWCC, Mississippi Community College Board, and other partners.
- Attend faculty meetings, in-service meetings, and other college events as required by the College.
- Participate with Computer Networking Technology classes in extracurricular activities, such as campus and community events.
- Supervise all laboratory experience.
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory environment.
- Maintain proper inventory of all equipment and tools assigned to the program.
- Maintain an active advisory committee which meets twice a year, minimally.
- Visit industry to develop and maintain a good rapport with employers and to monitor students participating in internships.
- Take an active role in the advisement and counseling of students.
- Assist students to find employment in an occupation related to training.
- Serve on various faculty committees.
- Contribute to the overall mission of the College by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Participate in all required training and development activities. * Must apply at www.northwestms.edu*
Northwest Mississippi Community College is a two-year, open access public community college primarily serving 11 counties in northwest Mississippi. Our vision states that “Northwest Mississippi Community College transforms our students’ lives, enriches our communities, and strives for excellence in our educational programs and services.”
Founded in 1928, Northwest is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the Associate of Arts and Associate of Applied Science degrees along with professional career certificates in over 100 degree programs or pathways of study. The College’s enrollment in fall 2019 exceeded 7,500 students, with 1,100 students living in residence halls on the 247-acre main campus. The main campus is located in Senatobia with additional campuses in Southaven, Oxford, Olive Branch and Ashland. A significant number of students attend classes online. Students also take courses at over 15 high schools throughout our counties. Additionally, the College offers nine intercollegiate sports teams and a number of performing arts opportunities.
Northwest Mississippi Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, gender identity, age, or status as a veteran or disabled veteran in all its programs and activities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $60,000.00 per year
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- networking, hardware, software, and security: 5 years (Required)
- Distance Learning platform: 1 year (Preferred)