GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Learning Specialist is responsible for training, supervising and evaluating peer tutors. This includes providing small group and individualized tutoring for mathematics courses taught at the College in the Math Learning Center and remotely using Zoom.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Trains, supervises, and evaluates peer tutors in accordance with College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) guidelines.
- Provides small group and individualized tutoring in person and remotely to students enrolled in Cape Cod Community College courses.
- Assists students in using other academic support resources in person and online. Assists students in developing studying and learning strategies.
- Consults with Academic Coordinator, faculty advisors, and support staff regarding academic support services.
- Communicates in person and remotely with the O'Neill Center for Disability Services staff as necessary.
- Contributes to the assessment of the effectiveness of learning support services.
- Participates in Learning Specialist staff meetings and trainings.
Job Requirements: *
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: *
- Master's degree in mathematics or a related field.
- Experience in tutoring at the secondary or post-secondary level.
- Knowledge of tutoring techniques.
- Teaching experience.
- Ability to tutor all levels of mathematics taught at the College.
- Knowledge of study skills and strategies.
- Experience with small group and peer tutoring methodologies.
- Familiarity and experience with instructional technologies.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working with students with limited English proficiency and students in developmental education classes.
- Experience working in a community college environment with diverse populations, especially underprepared, disadvantaged, and non-traditional students.
- Experience teaching at the secondary or post-secondary level.
- Experience tutoring remotely.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as noted above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience has prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
Additional Information: **
COMPENSATION*: $30.03 per hour, 18 hours per week; Part-time, Non-benefited MCCC Unit Position.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Immediate need; applications reviewed upon receipt.
Please visit our website at www.capecod.edu for information on Cape Cod Community College.