The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is the Commonwealth’s largest postsecondary institution serving more than 100,000 students through 16 colleges with more than 70 campuses. We also are Kentucky’s largest provider of workforce and online education. Through partnerships with business and industry, we align our programs to meet the needs of local employers. Our colleges are united in their commitment to making life better for our students, communities, and the citizens of Kentucky.
KCTCS offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity including:
o Exceptional health care, vision, dental coverage for you and your family
o Tuition reimbursement/waiver for you, your spouse, and dependents
o 403(b) retirement plan: a 5% employee contribution receives a 10% employer match.
o Employee Assistance Program
The open position, outlined below, is located in Versailles, Kentucky.
The primary responsibilities for the Payroll Specialist position are to update, review and audit PeopleSoft payroll transactions for the system and help ensure compliance and adherence to KCTCS Policies and Procedures and regulatory standards for time and absence, tax withholdings, and payroll processes. This position will work cooperatively with a team to support gross to net calculations, general deductions, benefit vendor payments, time and labor administration, tax administration, and will support the payroll organization with other general administration duties as assigned. This position will support PeopleSoft testing, implementations, and upgrades as needed and support other functional areas of payroll as needed.
· Participates in the review, update, and audit of PeopleSoft payroll transactions across the system to ensure compliance and completeness.
· Provides customer support to employees throughout the system by answering questions, directing employees to appropriate resources, and providing technical assistance where necessary.
· Provides support for PeopleSoft upgrades and implementations through testing system inputs and outputs.
· Provides the payroll organization with administrative support.
· Issues benefit vendor payments.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Associate’s Degree and two (2) years relevant experience or equivalent.
· Associate’s Degree and three (3) years relevant experience or equivalent.
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
Initial review of applicants will begin on August 9, 2021.
Position is open until filled - Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview
To apply, visit https://bit.ly/3ibmbS0
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $33,672.00 - $42,300.00 per month
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)