The purpose of this position is to assist the Head Coach with all responsibilities and duties of running a varsity collegiate sports program. The central responsibilities of this position are recruiting student-athletes and coaching current student-athletes. Community involvement will be expected for this position as it is an important aspect of the institution. Position will supervise student workers.
Assistant coach will collaborate with the head coach on budgeting, scheduling, practice planning and advising.
- One on one and in-practice coaching and training of current-student athletes. Conducts preseason, in-season, and post-season workouts.
- Recruits student athletes by identifying prospects, targeting recruits and executing the recruiting process from start to finish. This includes extensive travel around Kansas and the United States to identify prospects to begin the recruiting process.
- Mentors student-athletes in academics, discipline and personal matters. This includes monitoring academic progress and the eligibility status of all women's basketball student-athletes while ensuring quality progress towards graduation.
- Plan, coordinate and execute community service events for the women's basketball program.
A Bachelor's degree required. Two to five years of similar or related experience (i.e... prior coaching and/ or collegiate playing experience).
Competitive salary. Participation in college Flexible Benefits program which includes options for single and family health and dental coverage, optional insurances, and reimbursement accounts. Other benefits include: income protection insurance; matching annuity; SCCC tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents; annual and sick leave allowances and participation in social security (FICA) and state retirement programs (KPERS).
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Position Status: Full-time, 10 month positions, 207 days
Priority Application Deadline: July 31, 2021
Start Date: ASAP
- Successful applicant will be required to pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
- Separate application required for additional or future openings.
Applications may be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 620-417-1124 or mailed. Direct inquiries to Human Resources at 620-417-1123.
How to Apply
To be considered, all of the following materials must be submitted to the address below:
- Completed and signed Seward County Community College application. For the employment application form click HERE
- Cover letter, which states how the candidate specifically meets the qualifications.
- Job-related resume including contact information for three professional references.
- Copies of transcripts (copies of relevant certifications, if applicable).
**If employed, it is the responsibility of the candidate to provide official transcripts within 30 days. (Foreign transcripts must be translated and evaluated to determine equivalency to U.S... standards. Any fee for such services is paid by the applicant.)
If any of the required materials are not submitted with your application packet, your application will be deemed incomplete and will not be forwarded to the committee for screening. Please notify Human Resources if you require any special accommodation(s) in meeting these requirements.
Human Resources Office
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach
Seward County Community College
PO Box 1137
Liberal KS 67901-1137
More information about Seward County Community College can be found at www.sccc.edu and SCCC Facts.
The search committee will conduct all minimum qualification appraisals as set forth on the position announcement and job description and reserve the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant an interview. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified of the time and place of the interview. Interviews are usually conducted on campus by the search committee. Additional interviews and/or teaching demonstrations may be required.