Employees are committed to creating an environment that promotes health, happiness, independence and safety by providing individuals with disabilities increased opportunities for access, inclusion and choice. Our decision making is guided by our values of integrity, respect, humility, welcoming and determination.
Provides leadership for the organization to fulfill its mission. Aligns the organization assuring that the mission, vision and values of the organization are primary influencers in setting strategic direction for the organization. Assures organizational growth and development as a quality provider of services for people with disabilities or special needs and their families, and as an important community resource.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (FUNCTIONS) INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Assures the organization provides high quality services through a defined strategic direction aligned to the mission of Easter Seals, Inc., and oriented to meeting identified needs of the community.
- Assures the organization has mission, vision and values in place.
- Assures the programs and services of the organization evolve to meet community needs and Easter Seals key initiatives.
- Defines the strategic business direction in annual plans, strategies, goals and budgets.
- Involves representatives of key influencers in determining direction.
- Assures quality services, outcomes and consumer expectations.
- Takes a collaborative approach in working with headquarters, other Affiliates, and other organizations.
- Assures that the organization’s management systems, infrastructure and organizational structure reinforces the effective delivery of the mission and advances the vision.
- Assures the organization has effective financial systems and processes.
- Has an effective office of finance and administration that promotes and ensures the organization’s financial stability.
- Has sufficient reserves and a diversified revenue base.
- Has processes to predict and monitor organizational growth and an established system to monitor the organization’s progress against the plan.
- Has a written plan and procedures for capital investments.
- Has adequate risk management and internal controls in place to protect the assets of the organization.
- Assures the organization has an effective comprehensive development program
- Has processes to assure that a comprehensive development plan is in place and evaluated on a regular basis.
- Takes a lead role in fund raising, particularly related to major gifts.
- Assures the organization has sufficient human resources and organizational structure
- Assures the organization is staffed with competent employees.
- Creates an environment for high performance, growth and learning.
- Has effective human resource management practices in place.
- Provides for internal communication systems to align and support the organization.
- Assures organization structure which supports the culture and goals of the organization.
- Assures the organization has a strong and effective volunteer board.
- Actively participates in the recruitment, orientation and development of board members individually and collectively.
- Keeps the board informed and facilitates sound decision-making process.
- Provides input on selection of members for advisory groups and works jointly with the chief volunteer officer to develop advisory groups.
- Assures adherence to ethical standards of conduct.
- Assures the board is actively involved in raising funds.
Assures the organization meets compliance, ethical, legal, and regulatory guidelines while meeting established outcomes and benchmarks.
- Understands non-profit status and all applicable legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Assures organizational quality indicators are in place.
- Assures that service and program evaluation systems are in place.
- Assures services meet accreditation and licensing standards.
- Assures ethical conduct in business, marketing, service delivery, professional practice and human resources.
- Assures effective leadership of the senior management team and continuously encourages and supports their personal leadership growth.
- Leads and coaches the senior management team.
- Supports the team’s collective development, encouraging teamwork and alignment of efforts.
- Assures that the mission, program and services are consistently presented with a strong positive image to various stakeholders.
- Advocates and educates the public about issues for people with disabilities and special needs.
- Influences system and regulatory change to better meet needs of people with disabilities or special needs.
- Provides for an excellent external communications program which results in public acceptance and support of people with disabilities, contributions and referrals for services.
- Builds and maintains relationships with current and potential funders, volunteers and the community.
- Promotes and responds to diversity of stakeholders.
- Any other duties and/or projects assigned.
- Multiple years leadership experience and budget management in a similarly complex organization; relevant management experience in a human services organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated success in fund raising, fund development and creating diversified funding streams.
- Experience in public policy, program development and program management.
- Demonstrated success in leading people and aligning an organization around a shared vision
- Experience in working with non-profit boards.
- Demonstrated success in strategic and financial planning, and positioning the organization in the marketplace to achieve its goals.
- Able to effectively represent the interests of the organization to various media in the community
- Possess a general understanding of business systems/IT and their use in the organization to support services and management.
- Possess a superior level of personal and business integrity and ethics.
CORE COMPETENCIES (Knowledge/Skills/Abilities/Other Attributes):
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles.
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization.
- Understands ethical behavior and business practices and ensures that own behavior and behavior of others is consistent with standards and aligned with values of the organization.
- Able to speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Able to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Able to positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Assess problem situations to determine importance, urgency and risks and make clear decisions in a timely manner and in the best interests of the organization and stakeholders.
- Assess causes, trends and conditions in the environment and take actions based on trends and conditions and the vision and values of the organization.
EQUIPMENT USED/MACHINERY REQUIRED TO OPERATE:
- General office equipment inclusive of computers and applicable software programs.
Occasional standing, walking, lifting, reaching, kneeling, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees, clients and vendors are required to wear face coverings upon entering the facility and temperature checks are performed. Social distancing is required with signage posted for guidance. Sanitizing all areas according to CDC guidelines.
- Leadership Experience: 5 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)