Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $500 million annually in funds to meet the financial needs of our organization.
In Development, the Midlevel Giving team is responsible for raising over $100 million from midlevel donors through a hybrid of high touch engagement and integrated mass marketing strategies.
Are you a roll-up-your-sleeves go-getter with a knack for multi-tasking? Do you thrive in a fast paced, environment? Do you love being organized and get satisfaction from seeing projects through to completion? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Doctors Without Borders seeks a Midlevel Giving Associate for our critical midlevel donor program. You will help ensure the program runs smoothly by assisting with planning, budgeting, project management and administrative tasks.
Working closely with the Associate Director, Midlevel Giving, you will support the midlevel donor audience to accelerate growth of the highly valuable, evolving midlevel program ($1,000-24,999 cumulative).You will be an important part of a fundraising team striving to raise more than $100 million.
In this role you will report to the Associate Director, Midlevel Giving. Your responsibilities will include:
Working in our project management tool (Workfront) to manage tasks associated with a particular project. Setting up and initiating new projects in tandem with oversight of all Midlevel team timelines and tasks.
- Providing support in invoice tracking in software tool to ensure smart and timely investment of donor dollars. Matching invoices against budgeted items in our planning and investment software.
- Calling a midlevel donor to thank them for their recent gift, share our activity on the ground or invite them to an upcoming regional event.
- Writing personal donor correspondence, including thank you notes and other stewardship communications to deepen connection between donors and our work.
- Coordinating with the Partner Program Liaison, Donor Services on how to handle a donor inquiry.
- Providing data entry and donor record research in the CRM system.
- Conducting adhoc data analysis and identify trends and patterns in donor behavior.
- Working with a vendor or internal teams to source photography to best support the narrative to be used in a particular marketing campaign.
- Collaborating with a graphic designer on delivering a new package design.
- Reviewing messaging and graphics from our vendor partners, providing feedback and edits before routing for approval in our project management tool.
- Helping the Associate Director or team members pull together a presentation or key statistics for a report.
- Working with Associate Director and team members on creation of annual expense budget and independently source budget details for occasional projects.
- Supporting management of key timelines and deliverables for annual budget planning.
- Supporting planning of activities MSF International Midlevel Working Group.
- Maintaining library of mid-level omnichannel donor communications materials for MSF-USA team reference and sharing across MSF global teams.
- Supporting team logistics such as scheduling, note taking, meeting preparation and follow up.
- Additional assignments as required.
Minimum two to three years’ experience in a business environment
- Self-starter with strong time management and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and persuasive skills
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to prioritize well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic team player, comfortable in an “all hands-on deck” environment; able to operate and collaborate across multiple teams and thrive in a fast-paced culture.
Project management experience, including demonstrated ability to identify and anticipate obstacles, and judge when and how to engage key stakeholders with discretion
- Fundraising experience or work in a development office
- Familiarity with budgeting and associated tasks
- Digitally literate, including Microsoft & Google products and donor database or CRM systems such as Salesforce NPSP. Comfortable learning new software applications
- Clear, legible handwriting for writing to donors
This position requires sitting (or standing as preferred) for long periods and to concentrate on work.
- This includes typing and close proofreading.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Application Deadline: * Open Until Filled.
No phone calls please.
Please note that relocation assistance and visa sponsorship will not be offered for this position.
While temporarily remote, this role is based in our New York City office. Candidates must commit to a future hybrid working model.*
No phone calls and emails please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted*.
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.
Pay Class & Contract Type*
Regular FT Salaried Exempt
low 60 to mid 60's
Working Time (Hours Per Week)*