Position TitlePublic Relations & Marketing Student Worker
DepartmentPublic Relations & Marketing
Under general direction of the Public Relations/Marketing Digital Content Coordinator; perform day-to-day activities in an integrated environment related to College marketing initiatives. The main function of this position is to assist with the maintenance and updating of the CLC website.
- Assist with the maintenance and updating of content on the CLC website. This will be done using HTML and CSS though a Content Management System (CMS).
- Surveys students about various proposed College efforts to help further gain the student perspective. This can be done via both qualitative and quantitative research.
- Must be a CLC student enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS to maintain website content.
- Must be pursuing a degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Strategic Communications or related field.
- Possess diplomacy, problem solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills, presentation skills and training skills.
- Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academy, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Intermediate Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills, Adobe creative suite; Associated Press writing style; social media
- Knowledgeable in Spanish would be helpful.
- Experience creating and/or optimizing images for the web using Adobe Photoshop
- Completion of DMD 116 (Web Design and Development) or CIT 170 (Web Page Development) or equivalent
Special Instructions Summary
Attach availability schedule with application
Total Hours per week20
Negotiable M-F between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. not to exceed 20 hours per week
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V