The Corporate Development Specialist is responsible for creating effective and innovative partnerships and educational workforce solutions that address the challenges and opportunities of our corporate partners. In this role the Corporate Development Specialist is focused on the development of corporate partnerships with area organizations. The Corporate Development Specialist is responsible for representing the wide variety of partnership opportunities that exist among Quinsigamond Community College (QCC) and the external community. The Corporate Development Specialist will primarily focus on a set of existing, targeted offerings, expanding the Center for Workforce Development & Continuing Education portfolio based on customer expectations as well as developing customized training solutions based on customer needs. The Corporate Development Specialist will also have a role in cross selling other existing opportunities for external partners to engage with Quinsigamond Community College as well as advising on labor market and emerging trends in workplace education. The Corporate Development Specialist will be expected to spend a majority of their time in the field in order to ensure market awareness and meet revenue expectations.
Reports to the Dean of Workforce Development and Continuing Education
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Authentically project and reflect the mission of QCC.
- Develop deep partnerships to increase QCC's reach and educational impact.
- Execute an appropriate strategic partnership plan for each partnership, ensuring partnership launches, maintenance, project timelines, student impact, and business results are achieved.
- Research, recommend, attend and participate in applicable regional, professional organizations or events to represent QCC and extend reach.
- Incorporate consistent use of marketing and partnership communication that will enhance QCC being top of mind for educational and other opportunities.
- Plan and participate in QCC hosted events. Participation includes pre-event efforts to secure partner participation and marketing of the event to appropriate audiences, support the day-of activities and completion of follow-up tasks.
- Demonstrate appropriate time management and ability to work independently in extending the vision, strategies and tactics required for profitable and on-going partner engagement and implementation across all QCC areas.
- Maintain timely, accurate and thorough documentation of all activities, tasks, contacts and account management.
- Contribute to team success including planning, organizing, developing work processes, identifying and implementing improvements, and leading team/department projects.
- Effectively handles complex work initiatives including but not limited to assisting with securing corporate grant partners, delivering capabilities presentations to a variety of internal & external constituents, negotiating and preparing contract training proposals, assisting with training needs assessments and identifying and recruiting technical and non-technical subject matter experts for training engagements.
- Maintain knowledge around local and national labor market trends, educational technologies, the workforce trends and factors influencing the Higher Ed. Industry and state and federal resources available to employers.
- Demonstrate teamwork through sharing of best practices and working with cross functional teams.
- Meet yearly individual revenue and department goals.
Embrace the ideals of diversity and inclusiveness and supporting the equal rights of all people by advancing the understanding and appreciation of difference including age, race gender, ability, religious convictions, socio-economic status, ethnic heritage, or sexual orientation.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Driver's License and reliable method of transportation.
- Strong business networks.
Hiring salary $65,000-$70,000, commensurate with education and experience. This is a full-time, non-unit position with benefits.