Lincoln Land Community College is currently accepting applications for a Biology Lab Assistant to be responsible for laboratory preparation and clean up for introductory biology classes and maintaining the needs of plants and animals in the department.
Student Workers will perform the following duties:
- Responsibilities will vary from week to week depending on the schedule of classes
- During the summer months and over breaks, the primary responsibilities of the biology lab assistant is to help the lab supervisor and lab coordinator reorganize labs and clean lab and storage spaces
- During the fall and spring semester, the primary responsibilities of the biology lab assistant is to help with weekly preparation of materials and equipment for teaching labs and cleanup of glassware
- Throughout the year, responsibilities include feeding and watering animals and plants while maintaining their habitats
- The student lab assistants are also responsible for updating wall displays for the department of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
All LLCC Student Workers have the following institutional responsibilities:
- Uphold LLCC’s mission, as well as certain standards of conduct within the College and in dealings with students, staff, faculty and the general public.
- Responsible for compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and other regulations with regard to confidentiality of and access to student and other institutional records.
Student Workers will be paid minimum wage and will be scheduled to work up to 15 hours per week. This position will be based at the main campus.
Requirements include the following:
- Must maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours) during the semester of employment, with the exception of summer term
- Complete LLCC’s mandatory harassment prevention training within 30 days of employment
- Must be responsible and reliable
- Be able to read and follow lab protocols and feeding instructions, lift up to 35lbs, work safely in a lab
- Must be comfortable feeding the college animals and cleaning habitats
- All majors are welcome, but preference will be given to biology majors, horticulture majors, aquarium and animal enthusiasts
If working with minors, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.