Selected applicants will be interviewed to establish a pool of approved Non-Credit Educational Programming for Older Adults instructors for possible part-time teaching assignments in Continuing Education. Assignments may be day, evening, or weekend classes at the San Luis Obispo Campus, the North County Campus, South County Center, other sites within San Luis Obispo County.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Cuesta College is located in the heart of scenic San Luis Obispo County since 1963, offering many degree programs, certificates, and community programs. We are committed to being an inclusive institution that inspires a diverse student population to achieve their educational goals. The U.S. Department of Education has designated us to be a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and we are committed to racial and socioeconomic diversity as it is a reflection of our student population; we strive to hire candidates that share this commitment to diversity and inclusion. When you join our team at Cuesta College, you can expect to be part of a collaborative community among faculty, classified staff, administration, students, and our community partners.
Additional information about the college can be found at
The college planning documents can be found at
Our Student Equity Action Plan can be found at
We offer comprehensive benefit options. Information about benefits can be found at
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a major related to the subject of the course taught, and either:
(A) Thirty hours or two semester units of course work or class work in understanding the needs of the older adult taken at an accredited institution of higher education or approved by the district. This requirement may be completed concurrently during the first year of employment as a noncredit instructor; OR
(B) One year of professional experience working with older adults
- Associate degree from an accredited institution with a major related to the subject of the course taught; and two years of occupational experience related to the subject of the course taught; and sixty hours or four semester units of coursework or classwork in understanding the needs of the older adult, taken at an accredited institution of higher education or approved by the district. This last requirement may be completed concurrently during the first year of employment as a noncredit instructor.
- The equivalent. (Candidates making an application on the basis of equivalency must submit all materials requested for an equivalency judgment. For directions on what is an acceptable equivalency argument please review the requirements listed on the following link: https://www.cuesta.edu/about/documents/hr_docs/Equivalency_Info.pdf (Download PDF reader))
- A valid Community College credential in the discipline (If received prior to 1990, as the credential is no longer being issued).
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Teaching experience in the discipline, community college level preferred;
- Awareness of the philosophy and objectives of California Community Colleges.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO APPLY
Candidates will be required to submit all documents listed below when applying for this position. When uploading documents, PDF documents are preferred.
Diversity Statement Instructions:
- Cover letter;
- Two current letters of recommendation (within the last year);
- Unofficial transcripts; and
- Diversity statement. See further document instructions below.
Cuesta College is committed to building and maintaining a workforce that reflects and honors the diversity of our students. It is important to us that our faculty, staff, and administrators demonstrate an understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, ethnic, and religious backgrounds as well as sexual orientation and abilities of all constituents in the Cuesta College community.
In 500 words or less, with consideration to our Mission Statement and our values expressed above, please explain how you will demonstrate your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in this position.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for the position please include an equivalency argument. For directions on what is an acceptable equivalency argument please review the requirements listed on the following link:
https://www.cuesta.edu/about/documents/hr_docs/Equivalency_Info.pdf (Download PDF reader)
Completed online applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by the closing date for this position
. LATE, INCOMPLETE, FAXED, MAILED OR EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
More information regarding our current salary schedules can be found on the following link: https://www.cuesta.edu/about/documents/hr_docs/salary-schedules/19-20_Salary_Schedules/Non-credit_faculty_Effective_7-2019.pdf (Download PDF reader)