This position provides educational leadership for a self-supporting unit of the college devoted to the development, management and administration of noncredit training and learning activities as well as services that promote economic, community, and personal development to citizens throughout the college’s nine-county service area.
1.Direct the development, marketing and delivery of noncredit professional and personal development learning opportunities
2.Foster relationships with business, industry, government entities and communities throughout the college’s nine county service area.
3.Assess training and related service needs of business and industry, community organizations, serve as a community resource for companies and communities to identify training needs and opportunities for the college to fulfill those needs through contract training or professional courses (credit or non-credit). Collaborate with the industry or business to design and deliver appropriate training to meet the specific company or organizational goals.
4.Develop a strong pool of experienced and/or credentialed trainers. Develop and maintain relationships with Chambers, economic developers, and city county government for program support and development.
5.Promote the college in the areas of credit and non-credit workforce training.
6.Initiate, develop, and deliver effective contract training to meet the needs of specific businesses and industries.
7.Develop and manage a generated budget that covers all direct and indirect costs of operating the unit and generates resources for expansion
8.Monitor the measurement of the unit’s productivity using contact hours of workforce training with a goal of continued growth.
9.Deliver seminars, workshops and training programs of general interest to the communities within the nine-county service area.
10.Communicate business, industry and community needs to appropriate academic and administrative departments within the college.
11.Report data as required or requested for internal and external constituents.
12.Be knowledgeable of credit programs for collaboration with academic divisions for the development and delivery of non-credit related programs and for articulating degree and certificate education options for business and industry employees and potential employees.
13.Project a professional image to businesses and industries that reflects a positive first impression of the college.
14.Provide timely and comprehensive responses to business, industry and community requests.
15.Build teams and collaborate with appropriate personnel to establish programs and projects noted for excellence in quality and service.
16.Supervise and evaluate WCE regular, part-time or contracted personnel,
17.Prepare quarterly reports that include number and names of courses by type (professional, contract, personal, camp…; headcount enrollment, course contact hrs, course CEU’s, total contact hrs,, total CEU’s, Income, Expenses, Net per class. Sub-total by type and for final totals.
18.Assure that recordkeeping of course syllabi, evaluation methods and other information and processes is maintained and in accordance with the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)
Requirements of the Position
Education, Training and Experience Required:
1. Minimum Bachelor degree in, Human Organizational Development, Business/Industry Development, Marketing, Higher Education or other related field.;
2. A minimum of five year’s full time administrative/managerial experience in business/industry or postsecondary education. Demonstrated leadership in economic and community development, continuing education or workforce training.
3. Demonstrated understanding of the relationship between economic development and education,
4. Demonstrated ability to listen and translate business and industry needs into training programs
5. Demonstrated commitment to quality and experience in building teams and working collaboratively.
6. Demonstrated data decision making
Education, Training and Experience Preferred:
1. Master’s degree or doctorate in Human Organizational Development, Business/Industry Development, Marketing, Higher Education or other related field.
2. Demonstrated experience in effectively managing multiple projects.
3. Experience assessing workforce training needs and designing appropriate curriculum for training programs
4. Experience developing and administering training proposals
5. Experience working with rural and suburban communities
6. Experience identifying training or education needs of employers and providing training to meet those needs.