GENERAL NARRATIVE DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Dean of CTE, Precollege & ESOL, the Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) instructor is responsible for teaching UAS courses that align with CGCC course outcome guides. The instructor is also responsible for performing other instruction-related activities including course planning, assessment and evaluation.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant recent industry or education/teaching experience. Trusted Operator Program (TOP) Level 1 certification is required.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: *
- Master’s degree in the subject area and three (3) years recent, full-time, non-teaching experience in the field; or
- Master’s degree in a related area plus 24 quarter hours of upper division credit in the subject area, and three (3) years recent, full-time, non-teaching work experience in the field; or
- Bachelor’s degree in the subject area and four (4) years recent, full-time, non-teaching work experience in the field; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area, plus 24 quarter hours upper division credit in the subject area, plus four (4) years recent, full-time, non-teaching work experience in the field; or
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in subject area or professional education plus five (5) years recent, full-time, non-teaching work experience in the field, or demonstrated competency and/or qualifications set by licensing organization in the field.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS: *
- Thorough understanding of the curriculum in assigned instructional area.
- Knowledge of instructional delivery, the elements of effective teaching and learning, and the principles of adult education.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, faculty, and students.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong commitment to student success.
- Strong commitment to innovation, collaboration, and quality.
- Ability to stay current in the field through professional development and self-study.
- Ability to use computer technology for communication and instructional purposes.
OTHER POSITION INFORMATION:
Adjunct positions remain open at the departments discretion. The number of adjuncts hired each semester depends on the needs of the college. Your application will remain on file. When the department has a need to fill a position they will refer to the active pool and contact applicants directly to schedule an interview.
WORKING CONDITIONS: *
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Open until filled
Starting Salary Expectations*