The Building Services Supervisor provides administration and supervision of the cleaning program and general maintenance activities for campus buildings at Minneapolis College. The position is responsible for the execution of an effective cleaning program. The individual in this position assigns, reviews and evaluates work performed by the cleaning personnel on the evening (2nd) shift. The incumbent instructs cleaning personnel in work methods, safety procedures and other phases of cleaning work. The incumbent administers and evaluates a quality control program including zone tasking inspections. Work is performed under the guidance of the Building Service Manager.
- Ability to plan, assign and effectively supervise the work of a variety of cleaning personnel.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and work with supervisors, staff.
- Thorough knowledge of building cleaning practices including food service areas, cleaning materials and equipment used for building cleaning.
- Ability to evaluate and adjust scheduled cleaning program, conduct detailed building inspections.
- Ability to keep accurate records and write reports.
- Ability to estimate material, supplies and equipment needs and to maintain adequate inventory.
- Demonstrates an effort to improve cultural competence and actively take steps to include diversity training in professional development.
- Knowledge of building equipment and operations.
- Knowledge of safety regulations including OSHA and State AWAIR Act.
- Knowledge of MSDS.
- Knowledge of contract language and grievance procedures.
- Lead/supervisory experience.
- Current and former employees to have a clean employment record at Minneapolis College (MCTC) to be considered for this position.
Minneapolis College is one of the largest and most diverse two-year colleges in Minnesota, serving approximately 10,000 students annually in credit and noncredit programs. The college enrolls 57% students of color. As a comprehensive public community and technical college, Minneapolis College offers more than 100 credentials in liberal arts and career and technical programs. The college has strong ties to corporate and industry partners that help fund student scholarships, provide state-of-the-art training and equipment, and offer internship and employment opportunities to the college’s graduates.
Minneapolis College is located downtown with easy access to jobs, internships, city life, restaurants, entertainment venues and cultural activities just steps away. The Twin Cities is also home to a population of more than three million people and has one of the highest concentrations of corporate headquarters of any metropolitan area in the country. The region consistently ranks high in quality-of-life surveys, with a relatively low cost of living and a wealth of cultural and recreational activities.
Minneapolis College is a member of the Minnesota State colleges and universities system. Minnesota State is the third largest system of state colleges and universities in the United States and the largest in the state with 30 colleges, 7 universities and 54 campuses.
The safety of all members of the MINNEAPOLIS COLLEGE campus community is of vital concern. The most recent Annual Compliance and Security Report is available on the College’s website at www.minneapolis.edu/clery. Past copies of the report can be found on the MINNEAPOLIS COLLEGE Public Safety page located at www.minneapolis.edu/publicsafety .
The State of Minnesota offers eligible employees excellent benefits including health insurance; life insurance; optional dental, short- and long-term disability; paid personal and sick leave; defined benefits and defined contribution (401(a) retirement plans); tuition waiver for employees and dependents; and optional 457 and 403(b) retirement savings plans.
$18.76 – $25.27 hourly;
$39,170 – $52,763 annually
Placement within the salary range for the Building Services Supervisor position is determined on the basis of relevant experience and education and in accordance with the 2019 – 2021 Minnesota Management Association (MMA) labor agreement with the state of Minnesota.
Posting Number MC20-150P Re-posting No Desired Start Date 08/10/2021 Position End Date (if temporary) Open Date 06/25/2021 Close Date 07/01/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions Summary Accept Applications No Posting Contact Sue.Szabo@minneapolis.edu Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
An equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and encourages application from
underrepresented groups. Recognized as a Beyond the Yellow Ribbon (BTYR) employer. A
member of the Minnesota State colleges and universities.