Samaritas is now hiring a Apartment Manager located at our beautiful Affordable Living campus in Rochester Hills, Michigan. We believe that no matter your budget, everyone deserves a beautiful, comforting place to live. For individuals, seniors and families on a fixed, low or no income, Samaritas offers affordable housing in Michigan thanks to our HUD-subsidized communities. Each community features its own unique blend of residences, amenities, programs and healthcare services. You'll feel like you're part of a true community with friendly neighbors and caring staff that become like family. There is never a dull moment at Samaritas Affordable Living because residents enjoy an abundance of activities that range from fun to educational and everything in between.
Apply online today at one Michigan's largest faith based non-profits!
#BeTheRock that creates the ripple for our Affordable Living residents in Rochester Hills, Michigan.
You will earn $50,960/year while in this role including a $500 Sign On Bonus and the following benefits:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance ($10,000 minimum for each full time and part time employee)
- Company paid Short Term Disability accrual (Full time employees
- Retirement Plan (403b) - Company matches on first 1.5% of gross income at 133%
- Great Personal Time Off (PTO) accruals
- Plus many more benefits
Provides overall leadership and administration of center's operations, programs and services in coordination with the contract requirements, Housing Division's program and the objectives of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In coordination with contract requirements and Division Policies and procedures develop, implement and evaluate written operational guidelines for the daily administration and management of Center's physical site, programs, and services.
- Ensure that operations meet all regulatory and quality assurance standards including but not limited to (MI)OSHA, state regulations governing senior housing operations, local ordinances, residents rights, organization policies and procedures and accreditation standards from the Council on Accreditation (COA).
- Develop, maintain, and communicate written policies/procedures governing activities and services of the center.
- Participate in the development of new programs/services consistent with the goals of the division and the mission of Samaritas. Establish, monitor, and implement goal setting, outcome measurements and quality improvement processes related to service delivery.
- Assist with the preparation of the Center's annual operating budget and recommend capital expenditures.
- Market vacant apartments to prospective residents through advertising, leasing and other methods. Determine and certify eligibility of prospective residents in accordance with contract guidelines and standards.
- Act as liaison between persons served, families and responsible parties. Investigate complaints, violations and disturbances; resolve complaints in accordance with established procedures.
- Collect application, rental fees and other monies; maintain records and reports as required.
- Partner with Human Resources in staff attraction and retention efforts, including hiring, onboarding, coaching and counseling and performance management. Ensure staff adherence to policies and procedures. Ensure delegation of responsibility and accountability.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- Bachelor's degree in human services, business administration, community services, or related field preferred.
- Two years' experience in a housing/apartment setting preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
At Samaritas, we ask you to join us - to “Be The Rock That Starts The Ripple”. A ripple of transformation in the individual lives of the 15,000 people we help each year, and a ripple of positive change throughout our community. Our team is growing at Samaritas! We are seeking more Rocks to join our team. We are always looking for additional employees who want to make a big impact and have a lot of fun doing so as part of an enthusiastic, collaborative team. We want you to be our rock!
We walk with people in need, offering hope and compassion while upholding their dignity, advocating for equality and justice, and seeking creative solutions with those who place their trust in us.