APPLICATION PROCESS (PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS TO APPLY)
Applicants must complete the South Arkansas Community College application form available at www.southark.edu/app or from the Human Resources Office. Resumes, transcripts, and reference list may accompany, but will not replace the application. Official Transcripts must be on file with the Human resources Office before an offer is made to the successful candidate. Return application to the South Arkansas Community College Human Resources Office, P. O. Box 7010, 300 South West Ave, El Dorado, Arkansas 71731-7010. Telephone (870) 862-8131 ext. 146.
Fill out application located at this link: http://www.southark.edu/app
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. AA/EOE. Applications are subject to the Arkansas FOIA.
Chosen Candidate will be required to submit to a criminal background check and have acceptable background results, provide any certificates of training (if the candidates possess any) or Licenses, Official Transcripts (for positions requiring undergraduate or graduate education), must have a clean driving record, and must complete all new hire paperwork prior to starting work.
South Arkansas Community College is accepting applications for an experienced professional for the position of Director of Physical Plant. Under the direction of the Vice President for Finance and Administration. This position is responsible for managing and coordinating the maintenance and day-to-day operation of the physical plant, institutional services, grounds, and equipment.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in business management, industrial maintenance, civil engineering or related field and at least five years experience in building construction or maintenance operations including two years in managerial/supervisory capacity. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
The Director of Physical Plant will report to the Vice President for Finance and Administration and will be responsible for managing and coordinating the maintenance and day-to-day operation of the physical plant, grounds, and equipment. This position is governed by state and federal laws and South Arkansas Community College policy and procedures.
- Supervises, evaluates and manages all maintenance, institutional services, and grounds personnel both day and evening crews on both East and West campus.
- Prepares and maintains daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly maintenance schedules.
- Prepares, conducts/oversees annual performance evaluations of the maintenance and custodial staff as outlined by college and state policies.
- Implements and monitors lighting, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems in the most cost-effective manner.
- Oversees the building maintenance operation, custodial care, office and room setups, and equipment supply inventory, including the security of equipment and supplies, grounds and maintenance.
- Assists in developing the annual budget for facilities maintenance, grounds keeping and custodial operations; monitors the custodial, maintenance and utility budgets.
- Maintains files on maintenance supplies as to the type, part numbers, colors, vendors, etc. Also maintains warranties and manuals on maintenance supplies and equipment.
- Directs and manages maintenance projects and capital renewal of existing facilities.
- Coordinates and conducts on-site inspections to ensure standards for maintainability and quality of work are maintained.
- Acts as safety director for the maintenance department to ensure compliance with safety systems, such as emergency lights, smoke alarms, and fire extinguisher. Conducts required safety training.
- Trains new employees in the care and maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- Receives and prioritizes work orders for maintenance, repairs, moving furniture, set-ups, supplies, determines work assignments and monitors progress. Reports estimated time of completion to requesting party.
- Recommends maintenance or repair projects.
- Responsible for scheduling the opening of buildings and closing of buildings (when night classes are not in session or when special events are held and campus security is not used).
- Attends training meeting and seminars as directed by the Vice President of Finance & Administration.
- Coordinates the purchase of maintenance, landscaping and custodial supplies.
- Attends committee meetings as requested or required.
- Ensures proper disposal of hazardous waste in maintenance/custodial departments.
- May be asked to answer alarm calls.
- Maintains key check out system and associated files.
- Provides monthly checks and maintenance for college vehicles as needed or required.
- Secures asbestos abatement in properties purchased and in existing buildings during remodeling projects.
- Supervises physical plant operations at the South Arkansas Arboretum.
- Provides security code set-up of campus faculty/staff security codes, and security alarm systems.
- Maintains building systems for fire, alarm, building automated controls and access/key control systems.
- Building energy management and mandated energy reporting. Develops and maintains strategic energy plan.
- Maintain facilities audit program, keep inventory of deferred maintenance.
- Oversees contractors for construction projects; will work closely with design professionals in new construction projects to assure adherence to Arkansas state construction regulations for state institutions.
- Other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or the College President.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)