70% Funded by the Department of Education Title III Native-American Serving Nontribal Institutions
The NASNTI STEM program at Carl Albert State College seeks a dedicated Math Specialist at our
Poteau Campus. Successful candidate will lead the professional development for Math faculty in active
learning instructional strategies and tools. He/she will pilot and assist with evaluation revised courses
in Intermediate and College Algebra. This position will work closely with Tutoring Specialist in
coordinating tutoring for our Native American and underprepared students. The Math Specialist will
follow the same schedule as full-time faculty. Successful candidate will teach Intermediate Algebra,
College Algebra and hold office hours. This position will begin on July 1, 2021. A $ 1,000.00 signing
bonus will be paid: $ 500.00 upon hire and $ 500.00 after a successful 90-day evaluation.
Master’s degree with 15 graduate hours in Math, Math Education or related field.
- Minimum of three years experience instructional experience, Community College instructional
experience is preferred.
- Experience providing professional development.
- Experience and knowledge with strategies effective in helping disadvantaged students succeed.
- Experience working with Native American and underprepared students.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, while maintaining necessary records and
data on revised Intermediate and College Algebra courses.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, strong verbal and written skills, must be
customer service focused.
$ 36,000 annual, includes a full benefit package which includes Employer paid Medical, Dental, Life,
Long-term Disability, Oklahoma Teachers Retirement, Vacation & Sick Days.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
To be considered for this position, please submit a CASC application (available at:
http://carlalbert.edu/employment-opportunities/), Cover Letter, Resume and three Letters of
Reference. Application may be submitted online, or by mail to: Human Resources Department, Carl
Albert State College, 1507 S. McKenna, Poteau, OK, 74953 or email, email@example.com or
fax to (918)-647-1359.
CASC is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. All interested, qualified
individuals are encouraged to apply.