Are you looking to make a difference and promote healthy and happy lives? Do you have a passion for working with individuals with disabilities and significant life challenges helping them to achieve their fullest potential? If so, consider joining us here at Seven Hills Rhode Island where our CORE VALUES include Respect & Kindness, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation, and Service to Others.
Job Coaches provide job training and direct support to individuals with varying disabilities working in employment settings including competitive, supported, integrated work sites, and work services.
Benefits for Full-time employees:
- Health and Dental Insurance: With generous company contribution.
- Generous Accrued Paid Vacation
- Vacation Cash-Out Option
- Paid Personal Days, Holidays and Sick Time
- Enhanced Retirement Plan: With Employer match
- Student Loan Assistance: Consolidation, counseling, & limited employer contribution.
- Tuition Assistance: Reimbursed or prepaid college coursework.
- Home Mortgage Initiative: Favorable down payment (3-5%), reduced closing costs co-paid by Seven Hills.
- Benefits are based on position and scheduled hours
Job Coaches implement vocationally geared activities and projects consistent with providing quality programming. Conducts assessments to determine the individual interests, skills, and abilities as the individual plans their career path. Ensures the individual supported receives appropriate training that will optimize their level of independence in the community. This position helps individuals resolve any conflict and alleviate any distress while at the job site. Maintains files of ISP objectives, medical fact sheets, individual learning styles, and other related documentation. Provides transportation to and from residential programs or daily work sites, using personal and agency vehicles. Must be able to flex schedule based on the vocational support needs of program participants.
Job Coaches are provided a paid New Employee Orientation and receive training on CPR/First Aid, Safety Care, Defensive Driving, and Medication Administration. Comprehensive program-specific training at the work site is also provided. Job coaches will also be provided with official Retention Certification acceptable to BHDDH regulations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License & Good Driving Record.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- One year experience in a vocational training and/or business/industrial setting.
- Must maintain and keep Job Coach and Retention Certification acceptable to BHDDH once obtained.
- Physical demands: sitting, pushing, pulling, carrying, grasping, speaking, listening, stooping, crouching, bending, standing, twisting, crawling, walking, and climbing. Requires a normal degree of flexibility; ability to walk, run or shuffle, kneel on one or two knees and then stand up; to utilize upper and lower body strength within weight restrictions; may be required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds or more with assistance.
- Commitment to assisting people with varying disabilities to participate fully in their community and in their own lives.
- Varied interests and personal connections in the local community.
- Ability to work as a creative, engaged, dedicated member of your team.
You can also see an overview of the amazing work our organization does with this video:
https://vimeo.com/344648526 The mission of Seven Hills Foundation is to promote and encourage the empowerment of