$45,225.00 - $72,572.00 Annually
The purpose of this class is to perform professional level duties in the assigned College division or function.
Compensation within the posted range is determined by a candidate's education level and/or years of experience in the field. Generally, employees are hired in the lower third of the scale.
Bachelor’s degree in electronic/multi-media, graphic design, visual communications or related fiend and five years of relevant experience. Master’s degree preferred. Experience in planning, designing, producing, integrating and troubleshooting digital media assets. Must have a valid Maryland driver’s license with moving violation points less than five (5).
This position will sometimes require attending evening and/or weekend activities, and may also be required to travel to off-campus, College-related events.
- Please include an online or digital portfolio with your application.
For best consideration please apply by June 30, 2021.
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Initiate, concept, design and produce high-level digital media (video and photo) marketing for CCBC’s social media platforms and public-facing website.
- Oversee and provide guidance to senior director on digital media efforts – initiate new ideas, prioritize work and develop and manage production schedules.
- Manage the day-to-day digital media job intake, queue and workflow.
- Serve as primary contact between College Communications and internal client groups on college digital media initiatives involving recruitment, retention, brand, college and program marketing and instutional advancement.
- Serve as primary contact between College Communications and senior leadership on college digital media initiatives involving recruitment, retention, brand, college and program marketing and instutional advancement.
- Serve as primary contact between College Communications and external vendors on college video and photography initiatives involving recruitment, retention, brand, college and program marketing and instutional advancement.
- Establish measures to monitor and improve client satisfaction.
- Coordinate the production and use of media tools in support of CCBC’s marketing plan and strategic communication initiatives.
- Apply the college’s brand identity to all appropriate aspects of multimedia and print projects.
- Multi-tasking and setting priorities within demanding time frames.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.
Position Specific Essential Duties
- Expands and maintains CCBC’s photo, video and audio presence on the Internet, using a mix of creative and professional skills. Translates content into multimedia products in formats including photo, video, audio, graphics, digital animations and HTML.
- Oversee and provide guidance on digital media efforts, including: in-take, coordination, managing workflow, prioritizing work, developing production schedules and managing budget and deadlines.
- Manages production and produces short videos: plans, writes, sets-up lighting, shoots, records (audio), edits, mixes, and performs all related production activities.
- Manages production and produces, records and edits digital audio interviews of students, faculty and staff.
- Shoots occasional still photographs using a DSLR for use in projects.
- Uses appropriate software applications to create professional graphic presentations.
- Purchases, maintains and manages related equipment.
- Stores and archives data and assets associated with projects.
- Monitors developments in the multimedia and social media fields and advises College Communications on new opportunities to further the college mission.
- Recruits and oversees the work of student interns and college-wide volunteers on multimedia projects.
- Performs accessibility testing and quality assurance.
- Manages multiple, simultaneous projects with frequently adjusted priorities.
- Serves as primary contact to CCBC’s web team to provide graphic design and user interface input on interactive development projects to further CCBC’s extended Web presence.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned