Everglades University is a growing, accredited, private not-for-profit university offering innovative bachelor's and master's degree programs that prepare students to advance in their careers or fields of study. The mission of Everglades University is to provide quality education to adult learners of diverse backgrounds in a collaborative environment where each individual has the opportunity to achieve personal growth. The University seeks to accomplish its mission by combining small class sizes and innovative programs with traditional academic values to deliver graduate and undergraduate programs both on campus and online.
The EU Sarasota campus is seeking results-oriented, energetic individuals who can work in a fast paced environment, have effective decision making skills, and a students first focus.
Everglades University Sarasota Campus is seeking a Dean of Academics Affairs. The Dean of Academic Affairs is responsible for the delivery of educational programs and services for the campus. Qualified candidates must have a Masters degree, Doctorate degree preferred, and 3 years of experience working as Dean of Academic Affairs preferred. This is a full time position that requires day, evening and weekend availability.
The Dean of Academic Affairs is responsible for managing the academic department and faculty for the campus. The Dean maintains the campus attrition rate by monitoring Last Day of Attendance (LDA), retention, participating in campus LDA meetings with Campus Vice President, Financial Aid, Registrar, and conducting retention calls and emails to students. The Dean responds to student calls and emails for assistance and academic advising, faculty requests and concerns and continue calls and emails for faculty recruitment in process. The Dean is a member of the Campus Management Team and takes action on requests and questions regarding the academic department from the Campus Vice President, Vice President of Academic Affairs, and other campus departments.
- Meet with Campus Vice President for planning and feedback
- Prepare Dean's Reports
- Ensure accreditation standards are being met
- Be available for faculty assistance and student academic advising when classes are in session
- Continue scheduling and faculty recruitment in process, including faculty credentialing
- Monitor, approve, and submit faculty payroll Monitor and approve department budget
- Monitor and manage student Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) through Semester Student Advising, Graduate, Drops, Leave of Absence and Academic Interrupts
- Assist the Admissions Department with incoming new students and completes Transfer Credit Evaluations
- Confirm and ensure that faculty are in place for new term teaching assignment
- Conduct classroom observations as needed
- Participate in the start week Orientation and activities for new student orientation
- Welcome new students and monitor them throughout first term
- Attend EU Departmental Meetings
- Hold monthly campus faculty meetings
- Complete faculty evaluations for all faculty
- Assist and monitor Institutional Effectiveness goals, such as surveys and assessments
- Ensure campus meets and exceeds student satisfaction goals
- Update the quarterly Institutional Effectiveness campus master plan
- Participate in campus events and graduation
This is a full time position that requires day, evening and weekend availability.
For consideration, only online applications will be accepted.
Thank you for your interest in our school system. Our schools prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38.00 - $40.00 per hour
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Sarasota, FL 34240 (Required)
- Academic Dean: 3 years (Preferred)
- Educational Leadership: 3 years (Preferred)